Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Featured pictures not showing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Hi, can you please tell me why the featured picture isn´t showing? I´ve set the post / blog pictures to 250 height and 200 width by default and it´s enabled (on), i can´t see why it shouldn´t display, you can see what i´m talking about here http://bjorspjall.is/samuel-adams-black-lager/.

Another thing, i have a group gallery on my front page (http://bjorspjall.is/), and if i click “read more” in it, i just get a picture, but no article, it´s like i´m going automatically into the media, but i can still click the picture to get a full size picture, why don´t i see the article when i click “read more”? Try it out, and you´ll see what i´m talking about.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like a confliction of 2 images. I recommend removing the image, uploading it again, then selecting it from the featured image section.

Please let me know if that works

Thank you for the answer.

No, it didn´t work, i removed the picture, updated, set the picture again and updated, but didn´t work. There is only one copy of this picture in my media gallery and / or with the same name.

It´s maybe worth mentioning, i´ve just recently set up this WordPress, i moved between hosts, everything went great until i noticed this small, but still, so huge problem :-/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please can you reply with your login details so I can take a further look into this for you. It looks like your images might be in another location somehow.

This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have just had a deeper look into this issue and found that if you turn the image resizer script off, the images appear. Which leads me to believe that one of your plugins if conflicting with the resizer script. You also seem to have a lot of elements within the admin that are not correctly aligned, which again, looks like a plugin conflict as standard WordPress elements normally align properly.

With regards to the group gallery on the home page, there are again more plugin conflicts as even trying to rename a permalink results in the whole box disapearing so I cannot test why just the image is appearing without the text.

I have left the image resizer off for now but you can turn it back on to play around with the plugins if you want via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Image resizer.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hi,

I did as you advised, i disabled the plugins one at a time and checked what might be causing this (with resize enabled of course), and the only plugin that showed potential to be causing this, was WPbakery Visual Composer, when i disable that, i get this instead of the featured image;

[imageeffect type=”none” align=”aligncenter” width=”200″ height=”250″ alt=”Steðji – jólabjór” link=”” lightbox=”yes” url=”/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/WP_000252-recize1-1024×768.jpg” ]

I´m using WPBakery VC 3.7.4, do you think it might be causing all this problem?

Regards,
    Valberg

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

How are you running VC 3.7.4? You need to be running the official themeva version that is bundled with the theme and not the VC that you can purchase separately as this will cause issue with the theme. This could be what is causing the issues. Please remove the non-themeva version and activate the themeva version.

Hi,

I bought the VC long before i bought Dynamix, and i grew tired of the endless messages that the VC was out of date, so i updated it. Now, given that isn´t maybe not the smartest thing to do, i would though point out that, if you´re going to bundle a plugin like that in your theme, then maybe you would disable the auto update feature so it wouldn´t complain constantly it´s out of date or, update the theme more rapidly? Aether way, i´ll downgrade, hope that´ll fix the problem, i´ll let you know.

Regards,
    Valberg

Hi,

I deleted VC and even deleted Dynamix and re-installed the theme and plugin, but it doesn´t matter, can´t use resize and i can´t seem to use “read more” in the Group gallery.

Regard,
    Valberg

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

One of your plugins is really affecting your page load speed. It is drastically slowing down your site. When we de-activated all your plugins, the home page loaded very fast.

The permalinks seem to be sharing for some reason. You will either need to change the permalink of the image or the post. It is not a fault with the theme or any other theme, it is a WordPress issue as it is getting confused. When the permalink is changed, it loads correctly.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.