Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Fetch Flickr images in a DynamiX Gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Laurent Wiart
    Participant

Hi,

I've purchased the awesome WordPress DynamiX theme on ThemeForest a few days ago, and I love it, great job!!

I've one question though:

I have a flickr account where I organise my pictures, and I want to create DynamiX galleries (3D, stage, …) that would fetch images directly from my flickr account instead of having to create a Gallery Slide Set (i.e. upload the pictures to the server and create a Gallery Slide Set).

It's a little bit cumbersome to have to manage twice the same pics, once on Flickr, and once in WordPress Gallery Slide Set (which means uploading, name, description, organizing in sets, tagging).

is there already a way to do that, or is it planned to add this feature in the future?

Many thanks,

Laurent

Laurent Wiart
    Participant

Or maybe a plugin to import photos/sets/galleries from flickr directly into WordPress (import photos, title, description, tags, …) ?

Rich
    Participant

All the slideset needs is a URL. You don't need to upload all the images, just provide the URL to the image. As you already noticed though, it's not going to add the rest of it automatically, but at least you don't need to upload them all. If there isn't a plugin for it, I'm sure there is a devloper out there who would be willing, for the right price, to create a plugin for it.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

This is something I'm going to look into in the near future as I think it's one of the better options for organising mass amounts of images. But I can't give an indication as to when this will be. 

Laurent Wiart
    Participant

Thanks Rich & Andy for the answer, I'm looking forward to getting the new DynamiX with this feature!

Best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.