Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Few questions…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Merkmonster
    Participant

Hi there!

I have a few questions about the following URL: nrgbike.merkmonstersprojects.nl

Question 1:
    I’m using a full width row on my homepage as a header. But on mobile-view, it seems to have problems with scaling. I also have a row on the bottom of my page, which is scaling just fine on mobile. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Question 2:
    How can I adjust my productpage? I couldn’t change the lay-out at all, so I purchased a plugin to customize woo-commerce pages with visual composer, but even the plugin doesn’t work. I want the customer reviews and the price to show below my short description. Can’t figure out how to do this… need help with this too!

Question 3:
    When I have an image, the icon it shows when hovering is a play-button. Is there an easy way to change this is in a magnifying glass?

Hi @merkmonster

Question 1: Please send over your site’s login credentials so I can check how both rows were created.

Question 2: You will either need a custom-coded product page template or you can use a plugin for this. What plugin did you use?

Question 3: You can use CSS to override the default icon. Please specify the page where this play button appears on hover so I can personally check this.

Regards,

Merkmonster
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @merkmonster

1. On the top row, the image was set as background slider with Parallax enabled. All you need to do is remove it from the background slider then set it as background on “Design Options” then set the dropdown under it to “Houdt in”

Please set Parallax to disable as well under Background Extras. This will make the image behave just like the bottom row. However, if you will notice, it will not look as good because by doing so, it creates an empty space at the top since the image is now set not to cover the area.

In my opinion, keeping it as is is best.

2. I do not see the plugin installed as of the moment. Can you please recheck?

3. Copy and paste this CSS into Theme Options > Custom CSS and it should replace that link icon into search:

.site-inwrap .fa-link:before {
        content: "\f002";
    }

Regards,

Merkmonster
    Participant

Thanks for your reaction. I will leave the header as it is… Is it possible to not show the header image on mobile? I know I can change these settings for a collumn, but is it also possible for an entire row?

I had deleted the WooCommerce plugin to change the productpage, because it didn’t work. I reinstalled it now. Perhaps you could have a look.

Changing the icon worked, thanks a lot!

Merkmonster
    Participant

Hi @merkmonster

I am not familiar with the plugin but based on my observation, the Custom Product page/template you create can’t be previewed because technically you are using elements for the products and the Page is not connected to any product.

The only way to preview it is to apply the custom template to a product. Also, it is best to coordinate with the plugin support as part of what paid for this should be support for the plugin.

Regards,

Merkmonster
    Participant

You are probably right. I’ll contact the supportpage of the plugin. But… just wondering. Why Isn’t it possible with Youtheme to customize the way the productpage looks? I really love your theme, but now, if customers ask for e-commerce, I’m sure to use a theme like flatsome or so. Just way better e-commerce functions. Such a pity, cause you guys created an awesome theme as well.

Hi @merkmonster

You can still customize the product page using the theme but you will do it the traditional way by coding the Custom Page Template instead of relying on Visual Composer. With the plugin you bought, it should help make it easier to customize the product page.

Thanks for your feedback on this

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.