Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Few questions…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Anne LN
    Participant

Hi and Hi again ;-)))

Moving forward I have many and many questions every day. I know that 😉

Here are the questions of the days for which I don't have solution. It's about grid gallery, lightbox and social icons :

1°) How can I do to make bigger, for example, the grid gallery 5 columns. Sometimes I want to use a width of image with seems to be too width and the images touch themselves. So I want the width to be bigger.

2°) Something very strange, may be a bug : the "Sort of" and "Order by" options have NO incidence of how the thumb are seen. I've tried every possibility and it's don't change nothing. Do I miss something ?

3°) I noticed that there is a TWITTER and a FACEBOOK icon sometimes in the lightbox, in the bottom bar, in the center at the left of the button "CLOSE" :

How could we keep or not this option ? because for example it doesn't appear if you create the gallery with the "Add post/Slide Set Gallery". Only if we use shortcode. Why ?

4°) In the Gallery Slide Sets, how the order of the categories tabs is it chosen ? I mean, on the page, it's written "Filter by:" and here the tags are not in alphabetical order and nore in the order I have entered them. So is it possible to choose this order because sometimes one category is more important than other and I think it could be nice 🙂

5°) Last but not least. Still in the lightbox, where do I have to go in the code If I want to remove all the "little thumbs" which appears in the bottom of the image ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH 🙂

Anne

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Anne,

1) You can't make the grid gallery any bigger than the page – it's set to full width. 

2) Are you using this for a slideset or posts?

3) Can you send me an example please?

4) I'd have to check myself, but I think it's on order of creation. 

5) You can remove the gallery thumbs in the footer.php -> search for the following

jQuery("a[rel^='prettyPhoto']").prettyPhoto({

keyboard_shortcuts: false,

social_tools:false,

theme: 'light_rounded'

});

And change to this

overlay_gallery: false,

});

Hope that helps

Anne LN
    Participant

Hi Andy,

1) So is it possible to change the distance between each thumbs ? and if yes where please ?

2) Yes I'm using a slideset in a page and it's not working neither with shortcode or the layout configuration bellow.

3°) Of course.  I just sent you 2 examples of the same gallery : one done with "Select Shortcode Menu" which is the one with the TWITTER and FACEBOOK logo appears. The other picture with is without TW and FB icon is the same gallery grid but done this time with the "Page Layout configuration".

4°) It's not Andy. In my case for example I create the categories in this order :

"Cinéma

Téléfilm

Doublage

One Woman Show

Théâtre

Mise en Scène

Ecriture"

and the tabs appears like that : Théâtre / Cinéma / One Woman Show / Mise en Scène / Doublage / Ecriture / Téléfilm.

5°) This is amazing and it's working perfectly ! THANK YOU. Just one question Andy : it's working if I do the changing in the footer.php of the DYNAMIX folder. BUt I try to do all changes with the Child and copying it in style.css doesn't work… Am i doing something wrong ?

THank you for everything.

Anne

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Anne, 

1) Only by reducing the width of the images will you create distance between them. 

2) The post order is only for Posts – it won't work with slidesets. 

3) I didn't get the examples?

4) I'll have to take a look into this. 

5) The footer.php would probably have to stay in the core – with the style.css, you want to override something you may have to use the !important. The child theme is for more CSS and adding / replacing functions – anything structural needs to be changed in the core. 

Anne LN
    Participant

Hi Andy, please send me a mail where I can send you the pictures 🙂 Thanks you

Anne LN
    Participant

Andy, one things I forgot to tell you :

the point 5°) doesn't work !

I change as you tell me in the footer :

5) You can remove the gallery thumbs in the footer.php -> search for the following

});

to this

overlay_gallery: false,

});

I thought it was working but it's not. I think I didn't wait sufficiently to see the little thumbs appears 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.