Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Finetuning look & feel for mobile views

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Overdulve
    Participant

Hi,

Another question! I am trying to figure out how to amend pages of my website when they are viewed on a mobile phone. Although Google indicates that the website is fine, I still see a few issues:
    – the search and drop down bar is a bit too wide for mobile devices, so that the drop down button is placed below it (not logical)
    – the header logo (text in fact) is not resized to match the mobile environment
    – main text of e.g. the home page is shown outside the main area for a part (on the right hand side) in such a way that you can’t read it nicely. You can’t even move to the right. So the column width is fine, except the text is not placed within it in the correct way. It might be that this is due to some CSS coding I placed to enlarge the main text area and narrow the left hand bar? How should I deal with that, in that case…
    – the left hand widget bar is not shown (just 3 lines)

Euhm, my apologies for the amount of questions, sorry!

Thanks again,

Jacco

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacco,

Something called auto optimize is causing some strange things to happen on the mobile version. That’s why the main content is placed over. Is it a plugin?

As for the logo, I’m not sure what is happening there. Try adding the following into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Mobile CSS for spacing it correctly.

#logo {height:auto !important;margin-top:20px !important;}

Overdulve
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Yes, it’s a plugin for caching the website. However, I really wonder when I introduced it as I also use WP Fastest Cache… I’ll remove it and see what happens. I guess that would also improve the performance of Fastest Cache…

Thanks,

Jacco

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jacco,

Running two caching plugins will probably cause unwanted results. WP Fastest Cache is what I use and it does the job well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.