Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Firefox Video problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi,

I have a really strange problem! I’m using the plugin lead player, which allows me to place an opt-in form inside my Youtube videos displayed on my site. It works fine in Safari and Google Chrome and actually also in Firefox, BUT not on my website! http://floriansbassunterricht.de
    The videos are not responding!
    Then I found something: When you scroll the video to the middle/upper half of your browser window, the videos become controllable in the upper left corner of the video. It seems like some kind of layer with the controls can be moved behind (or on top) of the page/theme… It is actually there, but not (by default) in its place above (or inside it) the video-player, where it should be.
    The help desk of the plugin says to change the z-index to 999. But since I’m not a programmer, I really have no clue what that means!
    Any ideas, how to fix that problem? (It’s only in Firefox. Safari works fine!)

Kind regards, Florian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

Please set your reply to private and provide your login details and I will try to make this change for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

The z-index is not doing anything when added to the video. Unless the developers say exactly which class it needs to be attached to, we cannot figure out which one. The button is responding as when you click it, it changes color so I believe the z-index is not the issue. It is also using Flash which doesn’t help!

For now, I recommend using the video player bundled with the theme.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I got an answer from the player plugin and they suggested not to use their short code, but their pure html code. It worked, but it isn’t the problem. Actually, I found the problem myself: I put the short codes of the lead player plugin into an animated field. Apparently that doesn’t work together. If I turn the css-animation of the text field off, the problem is solved. Firefox then can handle the videos!
    So maybe it’s a starting point to make some improvements on the css-animations and how they work with their content or surrounding…
    Just thought, I’ll let you know.
    Thanks anyway for the service.

Kind regards, Florian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

Ok thats great! I will suggest this to Visual Composer.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.