Home / Forums / ePix Support / Fly out captions and text box issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Rob Ward
    Participant

Hi.

I have just bought this theme for a photography website but am having a number of problems getting set up. Firstly I can’t find anyway of creating the “fly out” caption tabs which appear on the right hand side of the page in the demo content.

Secondly I am trying to create a number of pages which all have the same layout, with a gallery at the top and a text box beside an enquiry form below On one page the text has left justified and spans accros the tab to the enquiry form which is what I want. On subsequent pages I have followed the same pattern but the text seems to right justify and leave a gap to the left of the text. I have tried editting and replacing the text box and text several times but cannot now recreate the layout with the text left justified.

I am a photographer not a coder so simple language please

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

1. To add a caption to the FullScreen Slider, create a Slide Set within the Slide Set Manager. More info here.
    Edit the image and add a title/description to it
    Create a Fullscreen slider and select slide set as the datasource. You should now have the slide out captions.

2. Please can you provide a URL to the pages you are talking about so I can take a further look at this for you. One thing to check is that you have made each page full width as apposed to having a sidebar.

Rob Ward
    Participant

Hi Tom.

Thanks your help has resolved both issues. It might be worth considering renaming the buttons which appear on the images in the Slide set manager. Whenyou hover over the button it says “close” – which, as an inexperiened web builder, I took to mean that it would remove the image from the slide set. If it had siad “edit” or somethign I would have clicked it and been sorted sooner – but it might just be me…

Re the text boxes – there is no obvious difference between having no page configuration selected and full page when working with images – it wasn’t until I added the text box that the problem became apparent – again it might be my inexperience – but might be worth mentioning in future editions of the documentation.

I’m sure I will have more queries, but thanks for now.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the feedback, I will let Andy know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.