Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Fonts visibly changing when using Cufon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Scott C
    Participant

Hey, I'm trying to see if this is working as intended.

If you visit my site at: http://ohc.scottyshideout.com/ 

You'll notice that as it loads, you can see all the variables load in piece by piece, then finally the fonts change style and color, and lastly the gallery loads.

Is this due to my (temporary) cheap hosting? Or is this how everyone's is?

Thanks for the help!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

It could be the cufon font you're using is very large and is taking time to load. For example the default font is 58kb, which is considered quite small for a cufon font so it will load quite fast. 

Scott C
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Andy. Can you point me in the direction of finding out how large the font is? I'm using times-sans-serif.cufonfonts.js, which is only 29kb. Is this the size you're talking about or is the actual size of the font somewhere else?

Thanks!

Scott C
    Participant

As an aside, i'm also not on the best hosting, so i'm assuming this could also be a factor. Once i launch the site, i'll be moving it to a better host.

Victor
    Participant

Hi there

Me too. My font is 46 kb and I'm using a localhost.

Thanks in advance!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

There will always be a slight delay in changing to cufon – there isn't a lot that can be done about this. Some browsers render faster than others also. 

I tend to find Safari and Chrome the fastest. 

Scott, yes that's the size – it could be down to the hosting. Other plugins can affect load time as well as poor hosting. See what you think of the DynamiX demo site and if it renders faster than yours it's most likely down to hosting or plugins. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.