Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Forms Rendering Improperly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • The Denovati Group
    Participant

We just noticed after the last update our forms were not rendering properly, either with extra spacing in between the fields or before the form, or they were not rendering at all. It appears there is an issue with the theme but we found the information as to how to fix it on http://support.themecatcher.net/quform-wordpress/troubleshooting/common-problems/extra-spacing-in-the-form (Option 3) which we have implemented on all our forms. (http://denovati.com/join-the-denovati-team is an example.)

Since they present the following as an option, I wanted to forward this along to ya’ll in case you needed it:

Solution #5 – contact the theme author

If all else fails you will need to ask the theme author what you need to do to get it to work. There is nothing that can be changed in the Quform plugin to fix it, it is a problem with the theme. The author should be able to provide a workaround. Tell them the wpautop filter needs to be before the do_shortcode filter on the_content as is the case in the default WordPress theme, or give them the link to this page.

If you need us to revert one of our forms back to test a fix please let me know.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have a screenshot of how the form is meant to look? It doesn’t look like there are any spaces or formatting issues when I viewed the page.

Please try changing to the standard Twenty Thirteen theme, if it does the same you will need to go back to the plugin developer as it is the plugin that is doing this.
    We want to investigate this with the standard theme to see how much it is the theme or the plugin. Is there any way you can upload the plugin to your server so we can take a look into this?

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

As I stated above we found the information as to how to fix it on <url removed> (Option 3) which we have implemented on all our forms. So the forms are displaying properly now. I was just informing you to what that plugin’s author had said.

I have reverted the form at http://denovati.com/join-the-denovati-team back to what it was before. You should now be able to see the problem. I also a screen shot of what it looked like when fixed, where should I send that?

Will changing themes overwrite anything like the sidebar? We have some custom code in the sidebar and based on the research I did it looks like that will be over written.

The plugin is active on the website. It is called Quform. What do you mean by uploading it to the server?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Ah sorry, I understand now. Thank you for this information, I will pass it onto Andy.

If you have custom code within the Custom CSS field, no code will be overritten and should stay as is. When changing to other themes, you may need to re-select your widgets and menu but thats about it.

Yes I mean uploading it to the server.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant

Do you need me to keep the form at http://denovati.com/join-the-denovati-team to test this further?

I’d rather not do anything that affects the sidebar or menus so if we could avoid changing themes that would be good.

I stated “What do you mean by uploading it to the server?”
    You stated “Yes I mean uploading it to the server.”
    This doesn’t answer the question, it just repeats it. As stated, the plugin is Quform and is live on the website. Do you need me to upload it somewhere else?

Basically, please let me know what else I need to do to help you. I’ve found a fix but wanted to pass on the information so that potentially you can solve it on your end.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Just as an example, if you were to change themes you may need to re-select things.

I mean, please can you upload the zip file via FTP to your server and let us know the link so we can test out the plugin. Thank you for the fix, much appreciated but we do not want to be testing on a customers live site. We have developer grounds for this incase something goes wrong.

Kind regards,
    Tom

The Denovati Group
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

The Denovati Group
    Participant

I’ve received the following information from one of the users:

Basically, whenever you edit a page with a form (even if you don’t do anything with the form/form code itself), something (Visual Composer?) adds that bracketed text I posted, which messes up the presentation. Deleting the bracketed text using the classic editor fixes the error. There’s no need to edit the form shortcode as you suggest. The problem recurs every time I save a page (with a form).

The Denovati Group
    Participant

Sorry, adds that bracketed text I posted refers to

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

If she removes this code, the (form) short code works fine. Unfortunately, she has to do this every single time she makes a change to a page that includes a form.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for that, we will look into this for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.