Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / from 2.8.3 to 2.8.7

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • elies pavlou
    Participant

Hi,

i wanted to know the following. i have the theme and i want to update in 2.8.7 because i need the e-commerce plugin. I have made several changes to menu width and custom skin and also custom color on hte background. The thing is that i don't remember exactly where i did those changes. i copied the stylesheet folder and style.css from 2.8.3 to 2.8.7 folder but when i activate the 2.8.7 theme i get the demo custom skin page. If i copy the child folder's contents to 2.8.3 working folder, will it update? is there any other way to make it work?

regards,

Elies

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Elies,

If you can't remember the cahnges you made then it makes it a little tricky. Do you have the original 2.8.3 style.css – if so download a file comparison tool and check your changes that way. Then you can paste them into the CSS settings under Skin Settings. 

If you didn't modify style.css and just the custom skin – you should be able to just copy over the "stylesheets" folder – hopefully without any issues. There is a new tool for custom skins in 2.8.7 so it maybe worth taking a look at that first anyway. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.