Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Frontend editor not loading & unable to insert slider image

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Tufters
    Participant

I am using the “You” theme and have two major issues:
    when trying to switch from the backend editor to the frontend editor of the “Services” page, I just get a white loading screen. Nothing is happening. I have researched and reinstalled Visual Composer, but no change. All the other pages work well. I reinstalled the theme and the theme option (Freelancer), but to no avail. Now I have my first not working Services page and the reinstalled (original version) services page and none of them allows me to switch to the front end editor. I can also not view the pages when I select “view” on the WP top menu. I only get a white screen and nothing happens.

When creating a new page, I cannot insert a picture in the grey slider area. Neither from the front- nor the backend.

Please advise!
    Kirsten

Hi @tufters

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally check and test on this from our end?

Regards,

Tufters
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @tufters

I checked and tested your ‘My Services’ page and found out that it has something to do with the ‘Plan Section’ element you added that is causing the issue. I removed that element and the page showed up properly.

As for your ‘Blog’ page issue, can you please elaborate further as I was able to add slider images on it? If you could send screenshots, we would appreciate it.

Regards,

Tufters
    Participant

Hi Support Team,

Sorry, but it is still not working. I get the endless loading page when I try to see the Frontend editor. Even if I try to switch to the frontend editor with the default template for the “Services” page, where I haven’t altered anything – it is not working.

Same thing for the Blog page. I have tried to add a slider and it is not working. Sorry, but can’t find a way to add a screenshot to this message tool.

Is there an email address I can send the screenshots to? It is also important to resolve these issues quickly, because my website is currently offline!

Regards,
    Kirsten

Tufters
    Participant

I have now tested the plugins and it appears that the “Acoda pricing table” & “Acoda Gigatools” plugins interfere with loading the services page in the frontend editor. So far, I can live with that, I only have to re-build some of the information.

However, the Blog page remains an issue. The inserted image, still does not appear on the top, despite all the settings being the same as on the other pages. Another problem is that the tiles from my blog posts do not show on the page, however, if I click on the empty space on the frontend editor the links seem to work and take me to my individual blog posts.

Hi @tufters

Can you please upload the screenshots to https://prnt.sc/ and send it over to us so we can visualize the issue with the Blog page better?

Regards,

Tufters
    Participant

I have now uploaded the screenshots to the link you sent me. I have also checked how all the other pages appear in the “view” mode or when not logged into WP. All pages except the Homepage have the same problem. All images appear underneath the slider section where they should be. This seems to be strange, because the “About page” looks normal in the frontend visual composer – but when viewing outside of WP, this page has the same issue. I have tried different options for inserting a slider image. Inserting them as an image and two different slider options through Visual Composer. None of them work.

I have resolved one issue from the Blog page so that the tiles for the Blog now show when viewing my website outside WP. However, they do not show on Visual Composer, which I can live with as I can edit them as blog posts individually.

Hi @tufters

Can you please send over the links of your uploaded screenshots so we could check on this further?

Regards,

Tufters
    Participant

Hi, I uploaded the screenshots to the link you sent yesterday. I drag & dropped them in the box at the top of the web page. Otherwise I could find no folder that indicated that it was for Acoda. Please advise on how I can send the screenshots to you if this is not working.
    That’s the URL I got for both shots: http://prntscr.com/fuygfq
    It seems to be a problem for pages I create from scratch, but not those that already have a template within the YOU Freelancer theme.
    I checked all the settings were identical at the backend editor within the rows and then I also compared settings in the Appearance/customize menu, as well as in the settings when scrolling down to the bottom of the backend page. They are all identical, so I cannot figure out what’s causing the trouble.

Thanks,
    Kirsten

Hi @tufters

Can you please check if http://www.theworddistiller.com/blog/ now looks just how you want it?

Regards,

Tufters
    Participant

yes, thank you! could you please let me know how to edit the page to achieve this?any other page that I create from scratch has the same issue & I need to make the same changes to my FAQ page too. I’d also like to add a new page & get it right there. Thanks for your help!

One other little thing: I’d like to change the social media icons in the footer, but cannot access them. What’s the trick to access the content in the footer?

Hi @tufters

You just need to set the ‘Floating Header’ option of each page you create to ‘Float’ then you add a featured Image to the page to achieve this look.

The social icons can be accessed at http://www.theworddistiller.com/wp-admin/widgets.php under “Footer Column 1”. Just edit the content of the Rich Text Widget used on that page.

Regards,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.