Home / Forums / ePix Support / Full Screen Image Background

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Chantal
    Participant

Hi !
    Since last update, Full Screen Image Background appears like zoom effect, they aren’t showing full images… is it possible ?
    Where am I wrong ?

Thanks

Chantal
    Participant

My Background images are 1920×1080, about 200 Ko…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Chantal,

Do you have a link to your site so I can take a further look at this?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Chantal
    Participant

Hi,

This is the full image

http://chantalhubert.net//wp-content/uploads/2013/12/1920×1080-93.jpg

This is the post, left eye and mouth are cut off :

http://chantalhubert.net/aime-et-fais-ce-quil-te-plait/

With Fullscreen Background, all images are cut in height and width.

Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems that the image you are using is very wide and not very high. ePix keeps all images in height proportion and in the middle which means that if you were to view the site on a smaller sized browser, the height proportion will still be correct. It is the only way to correctly display images without squashing them. We can change it to do this but it will not look good.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Chantal
    Participant

Hi Tom

“We can change it to do this but it will not look good.”

to do what ?

Chantal
    Participant

what is strange is that when Images (1920×1080) are resized, in a post or in galleries for exemple, ratio stay the same, ratio change only in Image Background…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Chantal,

We can fix the width so you always see the entire width of the image and this will scale the height. Currently it keeps the ratio of the image but crops the edges if the browser size is a different ratio to the image. i.e. if the browser window is more more square than the image, the edges of the images are cropped.

Chantal
    Participant

Hi Andy

I see but why this only on Image Background when Slideshow or Featured Images are perfectly resized ?

Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Chantal,

Andy is switching to that new method in the next version, currently the sliders are using just images where as the galleries are using background images. This is the best that can be achieved at the moment.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.