Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Full screen Text editing – Customisation – Freezing pop up boxes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve come across of a couple of problems on my site,

The first is when i try to edit a row in VC, say for instance i want add a parallax effect or customer background, after a minute or so of the page loading, the box will not close, i can change the settings, but if i press save, cancel or the X at the top of the box, nothing happens, i have to reload the whole page which undoes any changes i made

The second is when editing the content of a text block, there is a button to make the editor full screen, when i do this, everything turns white, there is no content in the editor, but it still says the correct word count.

The last problem i have had for a while, in the live theme customiser, the screen does not refresh if i change the colour of an element, or add a background image, so i cannot see what is happening. Also if i select a preset theme to edit, it actually makes my website that theme, so i can’t select one just to edit it or see what its like without my entire site changing.

WP 3.9
    Latest Dynamix with the TinyMCE fix installed
    VC 4

Thanks
    Stephen

Stephen Bonser
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

This did not happen for me, I left the box open for a few minutes and tried it multiple times and I was still able to close via the X or cancel or save too.

Visual Composer is modified to have all of these extra options that are included with the theme but not included with the standard version of VC. This is why you cannot update to the latest version of VC. You will need to wait until they have fixed all of the issues they have caused, Andy will then fix them for the theme, then an update to ePix will be released. When this update is out, you will be able to download it, delete the plugin then install the latest version.

Until then, we are sticking to 4.1.1 until they fix the issues created. They are releasing new updates every few days or so that are still fiddled with bugs. We are working with them to fix it.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused but I assure you, we are working hard to get this bugs squashed.

The live skin customizer also updates for me just fine. Just a few second wait for some elements and it works. I recommend setting a default skin for your site too.

I recommend resetting your browser cache to see if that solves your issues.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Cheers for looking, I reset my browser the other day, it’s safari on mavericks.
    How do I set a default skin?

Thanks
    Stephen

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

I’ve just tried again, at work with a work iMac, in safari again, osx 10.8.3. The first box I opened froze. So maybe it’s a safari thing.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

To set a default skin, go to Appearance > Customize > Skin Options > Default skin. The default skin will be the skin that appears as default on the site. So you can edit other skins in the customizer and switch to them when you are ready to via the default skin option.

I recommend updating your Safari if it needs to be. I have the same setup on an iMac and have no issues in Safari. We tend to use Chrome as it is much more stable than Safari at the moment.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Hi Tom

I just tried in Chrome on my mac, its the same I’m afraid, still freezes, its not on the text block dialogue box, but its the attributes dialogue box, where i can select wide/parallax backgrounds

Stephen,

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

I can see what you mean now.

The situation that we are in is that WP 3.9 has broken most of the plugins on the marketplace at the moment so it is a difficult time. Heres the current situation, VC 4.1 does not work fully work with WP3.9. They updated VC4.1.1 which resolved more WP3.9 issues but it knocked out custom fields that theme developers had added (e.g parallax). VC 4.1.2 came along and fixed some fields but completely knocked out maps of existing VC shortcodes e.g rows.

Andy is in talks with the VC developers on a near daily basis trying to resolves the issues they have created.

As soon as these important issues have been resolved,

It is equally frustrating as it is for us as it is for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

That’s great. I wasn’t really expecting a fix. But as long as you know what is going on, maybe you could feed it back to the VC guys so they know about the problem.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for understanding. There is an awful lot going on our end and we are in contact with the VC guys daily about these new issues that are coming out. We are currently waiting on them to fix parts of the code.

Once everything is sorted, an update will be released straight away.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.