Home / Forums / ePix Support / Full width row in VC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Bhavik Shah
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to achieve the full width grid gallery with VC grid element.

The issue is, with the VC element even when the page is set to use the full width, the gallery fails to use the full width. The thumbnails end up having gaps in between instead of using all the width.

I found out something about VC allowing feature called “row stretch”. But that only works if the theme has a support for it.

Unless I’m missing something completely…

Help..

Bhavik Shah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You’ll first need to set the site layout to on via Page > Wide Site Layout.

Can you confirm you’re using slide sets and can you enable the Ajax load so I can see what happens. It’s always best to use the “Click to load”, it appears to be more reliable on all browsers.

Bhavik Shah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s very strange, the Load More should work. Can you confirm that the Gallery ID is different to the Gallery below it.

Also, you need to make the images a larger size ( via the Gallery settings > Image Size ) to fill the page size.

To enable discussion on a page, you need to enable Page Comments via Appearance > Theme Options > General.

Bhavik Shah
    Participant

I checked and both the Gallery IDs are different.

About making the images a larger size, when I don’t use VC to add Grid Gallery, I don’t need to do anything. It’s only when the Gallery is added through VC. I couldn’t find any specific settings in the VC Grid Gallery to change the image sizes.

Thanks for the tip on enabling the discussion on a page. Worked great.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Ok, I think I’ve found the issue. Your WordPress installation is missing the following file:

http://radiancephotography.com.au/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

You need to re-install WP and I believe that will resolve the loading issue.

There are definitely image size settings in VC > Grid Gallery? It should be Image Width and Image Height fields.

Bhavik Shah
    Participant

The file does exist at the following location.

http://radiancephotography.com.au/wp/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

How do you have your site setup? Obviously you’re not using the /wp/ directory on the front end and that’s why the issue occurs.

I’m going to change this for the next version – but the following should work. Edit ePix/lib/inc/gallery-grid.php and ePix/lib/inc/shortcodes/grid-gallery.php and change the following lines:

Change this line:

home_url() .'/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php"'

to:

admin_url() .'admin-ajax.php"'

Bhavik Shah
    Participant

Thanks Andy. That seems to work fine.

I’ve posted a query regarding Slideset Image search in another thread. See if that’s something you already have come across.

http://help.themeva.com/groups/epix-support-group/forum/topic/slideset-manager-select-media/#post-63817

Thanks again.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome. I’ll get this placed into the next version.

As for the media library, it is on the to do list. I need to look into it more.

Bhavik Shah
    Participant

Good to know it’s on your to do list Andy.

As I mentioned for photography websites “Enhanced Media Library” is kind of must have plugin. And the devs are very co-operative to bring the features to more themes for deeper integration.

Something you might want to look at.

If you can bake that into such an awesome theme, it’ll just make all the photographers a lot more happier… 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into how it works and see if it can be implemented.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.