Home / Forums / ePix Support / Fullscreen Gallery random ordner not working anymore

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • Raphael Hitz
    Participant

Hi
    I updated from version 1.2 to the newest version 2.3 and WP 4.5.1.
    I got everything to work again except the fullscreen slider at the home page (www.heavenlypictures.ch).
    In version 1.2 of the theme I used the attached media option for the pictures to load.
    But after the update it will only load around 5 pictures instead of over 150… then it repeates the same pictures again.
    Also the sorting thing seams not to work, it’s always the same order whatever i choose in “sort Posts by”.
    Then I changed to “Slide Manager Sets”. That’s working but i have no option to randomize the order of the shown pictures.
    I would like that the order changes every time someone visits the page, so that the visitor sees maybe new pictures out of the 150 than last time he visited.
    How can i get this working again? In version 1.2 everything was working thin and possible to do.
    Thanks for your help!

Hi @utan

After updating to the latest version of the theme, have you deactivated and uninstalled Visual Composer and RevSlider then reinstalled them from Theme Options? The new theme included new versions of both plugins which contained bug fixes for WP 4.5.

Thanks!

Raphael Hitz
    Participant

Yes I did. Now deleted the old version of Visual Composer completly, but still the same.
    Via attached media it only loads 4 pictures and always in the same order.
    Any other ideas?

Hi @utan

Can you send us your login credentials so we can check on this further?

Regards,

Raphael Hitz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Raphael Hitz
    Participant

Hi @utan

Can you please specify how the Slider page was setup before because I checked it and it is currently empty?

As of the moment, randomizing the images from Slide Set Manager is not yet possible but I will coordinate this with Andy to check if it will be incorporated in the future.

Regards,

Raphael Hitz
    Participant

The Slider page was always an empty page. It was only the element to which all the images were attached to and then in the Slider settings for on the Home page it’s ID 3119 was entered for the attached media. The solution with the attached media setting seamed always to be the only solution to get random picture order. I only set it now to Slide Sets because with the attached media thing it loads only 4 pictures, repeats them, and not the hole bunch of them.

I can’t seem to picture out how the page was configured before. Can you please give us the exact steps or set it up again so we can check if we can fix the number of images it is loading?

Thanks!

Raphael Hitz
    Participant

You don’t have to change anything on the Slider page, I just changed the slider settings on the Home page.
    Here’s a screenshot of the settings:
    Fullscreen Slider Settings

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Raphael Hitz.

My apologies for the delayed reply.

I do see the issue now. Have you tried disabling all your plugins just to check if any of them could be causing the issue? I will be forwarding this to the developer if you can confirm this.

Regards,

Raphael Hitz
    Participant

So when you see the issue, please tell me…!
    I deactivated all the plugins, even deleted some, but still the same error, it’s just loading the same 4 pictures again and again, no random order.
    Conflicting plugins doesn’t seam to be the failure.
    How can I fix this?

I have forwarded this issue to the developer to check. We will get back to you once we have more information on a fix or workaround.

Regards,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Raphael,

Can you post your FTP details please. I’ll see if I can fix this directly on your server.

Raphael Hitz
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.