Home / Forums / ePix Support / Fullscreen image resizing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
  • Aric Guite
    Participant

Hi there, I’m looking to change how the fullscreen slider resizes images.

I would like the images to never stretch, and for the browser to always show the entire image. If the image does not cover the entire background, I’d prefer to let that go to the background colour.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Aric

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

With the latest version of ePix, the Fullscreen Slider has been altered to always keep the image in the center and to not let the image go out of ratio. Do you have a link to your site so I can get a better understanding of what you mean?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Aric Guite
    Participant

http://www.aricguite.com

When the page is extremely narrow (as in a mobile device), the images get squashed horizontally.

I would also like an option so that the bounds of the browser window don’t crop the images – There are a couple of instances where I’d prefer that the images just display a background colour rather than scaling the images to completely cover the visible area of the browser.

For example, when the browser is wider than it is tall, and a portrait format image is being displayed, the top and bottom of the image are cropped off. I’d prefer to have background bars on either side of the image (it could remain centred).

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please could you provide your FTP details so either Andy can upload the new code or you could wait to for the next version of ePix where this will be implemented. Also, your WP login details and which image you would like this to be applied to so he can show you an example. Please set your reply to private also.

It is coming in the next version where the horizontal isn’t cropped.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Aric Guite
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Andy has updated the files but the issue is now you seem to have some sort of caching on your site and it is not showing the latest files. Couldn’t see any plugins installed that would cache this, do you have anything server side that is caching this?

Once you have done the cache, let us know which image you would like us to apply the portrait effect to.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Aric Guite
    Participant

I had cloudlfare installed. It’s been disabled.

You could do it to any of the portrait images. There’s one that has a man sitting in his car and laughing. That’s a great place for me to take a look at what you’ve done.

Will this technique work on landscape images too?

I have a few that have stuff around the edges that gets cut off by the resizing of the browser window.

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Okay, I’ve added a class to the Slide Set People > Guy in Car > Extras > CSS Classes – it’s named fit_height – this class will fit the image into the height and auto size the width, keeping the ratio in tact. Let me know if that’s okay.

Aric Guite
    Participant

Hi Andy,

That hasn’t worked on my end..

One other question, and I’m sorry if this is being demanding.

Is there a fit width class that I can use on particularly wide landscape images?

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It was working for me earlier, you site still seems like it’s still caching, it has pagespeed on all the scripts and images.

I’ve added the fit_width class too which suit that need too for the width.

Aric Guite
    Participant

Works perfectly now. Thanks.

julius cease
    Participant

I would like to know how to do this also.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Andy is releasing an update today with all of these features in.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Teddy Lim
    Participant

hi, I also would like to know how to achieve that. Because now the only way for me to achieve that is by manually resizing all my portrait picture canvas into a landscape format. Thanks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Teddy,

Please make sure you are on the latest version of ePix them, add a class to the your Slide Set > Edit your image > Extras > CSS Classes – add fit_height – this class will fit the image into the height and auto size the width, keeping the ratio in tact. Hope this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.