Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Galleries not showing all posts from category.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Kebab2kuk
    Participant

Hello, I’m building a facility on my site where users can add posts from the front-end of the website. I’ve achieved this through gravityforms and works well. I realise my problem crosses between dynamix theme and gravity plugin but would really appreciate any advice you could give me.

I’m trying to insert a gallery onto a page which displays all posts from a particular category. If the post was created from the wordpress backend it will appear in the gallery fine. If the post was created from the website front end the post will not appear in the gallery. I have tried multiple types of galleries and settings with the same outcome.

When creating the gallery the checkboxes for the categories displays the correct number in brackets counting the number of posts from within that category. for example electronics (9). When viewing the gallery it only displays 4 items. Which through trial and error ive worked out are the ones created through the backend. If I click on the category ‘electronics’ on the website it takes me to the archive page which displays all 9 items correctly.

This makes me feel that the galleries and archive pages must have a different search criteria within the loop. Is it looking at tags/categories/slug?

Hope you can help. Steve

Kebab2kuk
    Participant

Just noticed that the shortcode ‘recent posts’ works and shows all the posts from the category.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

How are the images attached to the post, featured image? If so then there should be no issue there, make sure the category name does match the slug e.g. My Category = my-category – failing that, please post a link to your site.

Kebab2kuk
    Participant

Hi Andy, Just sent a private message with site details.

The uploaded image is set as the featured image. Though the issue is that the galleries are not showing any of the post (not just missing image). You will see that the related posts and ‘electronics’ category page shows all of the posts. The gallery has some of the posts missing.

It also appears the slug matches the category name.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve never seen that issue before – it seems it couldn’t find the featured image and therefore didn’t display the post. The only way I managed to get around this was to re-attach the image to the post, update and it worked. I’ve done it to a couple of posts, see if it works for you?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.