Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Gallery aspect/resizing working as intended?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Matt Wrycraft
    Participant

I wonder if someone can clarify whether gallery is working as intended for me?

I've created a gallery set of 30 or so images, some of them portrait and some landscape aspect ratio.  I've then created a page with a grid gallery on it to show them and, other than specify the row height of 200 instead of 435 (since that leaves a big gap for text that I don't use), I've changed none of the default values.  

When I view the gallery the images are all landscape ratio which means the portraits ones are stretched.  I'm gone in to the gallery set and change individual images to 'zoom' and when I view the gallery, they are indeed zoomed in, but the heads are chopped off (because of the zoom in).  

So, is there anyway to configure either the gallery set, or the gallery on the page to respect the aspect ratios of individual images? I've used galleries in the past that use things like imagemajick etc to do this. I figured that timthumb would do this, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any thoughts on how I can do this? 

Thanks in advance. 🙂 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

It's a pain but unfortunately at the moment there is no easy way to do this – the problem comes from IE which requires a height and width to be set otherwise it won't show. 

I'm considering introducing a ratio option in the future so each image can be controlled. 

Matt Wrycraft
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response. 

Can you tell me what the 'Zoom Crop' option is in the Gallery Set screen is?  It sounds like It should help me with this but it just seems to be the same as 'zoom'.  

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Zoom Crop is a combination of both trying to zoom and crop so you do not get cut off edges and still remains in proportion – personally I don't think it makes a difference or produces quite poor results. 

Matt Wrycraft
    Participant

That's pretty much my experience of it. 🙂 

Thanks for confirming.

keyhanjun
    Participant

Hi,

any news on this feature update?

Thanks. 😉

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It should all be working fine in the later versions of DynamiX.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.