Home / Forums / ePix Support / Gallery in Blog post

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Calin Vurdea
    Participant

Hi,
    as i am new to this, i may have a dumb question. 🙂
    I have a separate Blog page, where all the posts will be. i want to have only some text in it, and images. i have really no ideea how could i add more images at once, or create a gallery. everything i tried simply failed.
    a. i tried to add images by going to gallery/media, uploaded photos, got them into Gallery, but when i clicked insert gallery nothing happened.
    b. i tried to insert with VC a grid gallery, if i inserted images from slide manager, i only got some errors displayed on the webpage.
    c. in order to come to this http://calinvurdea.ro/engagement-timisoara-coco-emily/ i added manually each picture through VC with the option Add Element->Single Image.
    Is there a way to achieve this in a shorter and not so painful way? i tried searching on forum/documentation, but did not find anything on this.
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

sorry, and a side question as well. how can i remove the tags from the same supplied page?
    i’ve tried to insert in css in the post page this:
    .tags {
    display: none;
    }
    thanks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Calin,

So just to confirm, on your blog page you want to have more text and images showing that what is already there? See image below…

If so, you can adjust this by going to Settings > Excerpt and changing the Excerpt amount at the top. Usually set to 40 as standard.

If this is not what you mean, please go to the ePix demo site here, and point out a page which has something similar so we are both on the same page 🙂

Try adding the following code instead to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

.tags {
    display: none !important;
    }

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

hi,
    you dont have such a page on the epix demo site. i mean, when you go into the post, you see i added more pictures. i mean here: http://calinvurdea.ro/engagement-timisoara-coco-emily/ there i added manually each picture. there i wanted to know (so i mean in the post itself) how can one add a gallery. hope i explained right 😉
    The code does not change anything on the blog menu. to more precise, on the same page i gave you, under the date, category, i have some tags. those i want not be shown.
    Thanks again for all your effort.

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

ah, and by the way, i discovered something that isn’t right, or perhaps i am doing something wrong. I added 2 buttons in the blog post, and edited a word. if i click on preview changes, i can see all the modifications right, if i click update, nothing happens.
    see image below.

Problem

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

http://imgur.com/C6t8dG1

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

Never mind with the Problem i figured it out. It is the cash that needed to be deleted from WP Fastest Cache plug-in 🙂
    so it remains only the fact with the inserting the pictures 🙂
    thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

hi, i voted already 😉 gave it 5 stars, ’cause i like it!
    but still the 2 problems are not solved. i mean:
    1. how can i remove the tags from the blog post? it did not work with what you suggested (.tags {
    }).
    2. I still do not know how to add pictures in a blog gallery, except if i add the manually 1 by 1. Problem is that in the future i would want to add like 30 pics, ofc in a small size. is there no other option but to add single images?
    thanks again for the efforts!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Calin,

Great thank you!

1. Try the following code instead.

li.tags-list {
    }

2. Do you mean you want to add a gallery into a blog post? (Single post)? If so, you can add in a gallery element within a post using Visual Composer. Click the small ‘+’ button to add a new element > choose from the galleries listed > configure the gallery > save. I recommend choosing the datasource as Slide Set so that you can change images without editing each post.

For more information galleries and slide sets, please see the documentation here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Calin Vurdea
    Participant

Hi,
    for 1. – it works -> Thanks a lot!
    dor 2. it does not work. i tried to add a gallery in a single post (in blog post). i tried both ways, like you said plus the Frontend edit, nothing 🙁 i did upload the pics on media, i made a different slide set with them, i chose the data source that specific slide set. i got this error message:
    Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: Empty string supplied as input in /home/rcali15/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 76

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rcali15/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 80

Warning: array_unique() [function.array-unique]: The argument should be an array in /home/rcali15/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 96

Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/rcali15/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 97

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [domdocument.loadxml]: Empty string supplied as input in /home/rcali15/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function getElementsByTagName() on a non-object in /home/rcali15/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 184

can you look into it maybe? much appreciated!
    thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Calin,

That error usually suggests there is no Slide Set selected. Can you ensure that there is a Slide Set selected via the Gallery > Data Source?

If there is, please can you post your WP login details ( select the Set as private reply ) and I’ll take a look for you.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Calin Vurdea
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Calin,

What page are you trying it on?

I fully recommend updating the theme. There are some great new features in the new version. Also, whenever you create a page, please be sure to clear the cache too. That maybe affecting things.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.