Home / Forums / ePix Support / Gallery pages taking forever to load

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Rehan Zia
    Participant

Hi,

I have been experimenting with different resolutions and delayed load but overall the webpages on my website are taking really long to load:
    http://www.rehanzia.net/land-and-sea/
    http://www.rehanzia.net/people-portraits/

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Rehan.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Rehan,

Are you using the Slide Set Manager? If so, you can enable the “Ajax Lazy Load” option and this will only load a few images at a time. When you scroll down it will load the rest.

Rehan Zia
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Yes, I tried delayed load but it didn’t seem to make much of a difference. My home page (www.rehanzia.net) is also taking quite long to load despite there not being many images 🙁

Sincerely,

Rehan.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Rehan,

What are the original resolutions of the images you’re using. If they’re above 2000px the server will struggle to resize them on the fly. I recommend not using images no more than 2000px.

If you’re still having issues, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look.

Rehan Zia
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Rehan Zia
    Participant

I have installed W3 Total Cache and WP Smush and also done some extreme image optimisation (exporting each image individually!) and it seems to be running a bit smoother. Do check it out and let me know what you think about the speed and image res. I have deleted the temp account as I didn’t think it would be necessary now. Thanks a lot anyway!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’ve ran some tests and the images are about 1mb each, this is why it’s taking so long. It doesn’t seem like there is any optimization on the images. Are you using Photoshop or alike to optimize the images before uploading to WordPress? If not, I strongly recommend this, this could improve your load time by upto 75%.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.