Home / Forums / You Theme Support / gallery question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • simon
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I am trying to create a gallery with lots of images.
    It seems to crash after I post more than like 15.
    Is there a work around?
    I have many to post.
    thanks.
    Simon

simon
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @sasenzon

Please try to coordinate with your hosting provider and ask them to increase your site’ s PHP Memory to at least 256MB.

Once done, check if that fixed the issue.

Regards,

simon
    Participant

It seems like it should be enough.
    Server Basics:
    Usage Stats
    2 CPU Cores, CentOS, 6GB RAM, 90GB SSD, cPanel, Cloud Storage, Management Services

I shut down the wordpress heartbeat.
    I will fix the cron next.

But this is a problem still. When I go to the grid gallery to add a new image the loading time is very long wait. Then if I choose several images sometimes it just won’t add after waiting forever.

Hi @sasenzon

Have you increased PHP Memory allocation or coordinated with your hosting’s support team to help with this?

The specifics you sent are the server’s hardware. PHP Memory is allocated from the server’s 6GB RAM.

Regards,

simon
    Participant

I have increased the memory to 3000 MB. It sill freezes when I add a few images to this gallery.

Hi @sasenzon

Can you please send over your FTP login credentials so we can check and verify if indeed the PHP Memory Limit has been increased>

Also, how large are the images that you are trying to upload/insert to the page?

Regars,

simon
    Participant

The images are 2274 pixels by 1431 pixels
    there are dozens and dozens of them.

simon
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @sasenzon

Were you able to sort out the issue? I see that there are now more than 15 images in the slider.

Also, since the images that you added to the gallery are pretty large, it is best to add them in smaller batches instead of uploading a lot in one go which may cause the server where your site is hosted in to bog down.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.