Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Gallery slide set doesn’t work with shortcodes and Video in slide set too

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • The Potirons
    Participant

Hi Andy, 

i've got few problems .

When i want to have a slide set in a short code (in a tab for exemple) , nothing happen when i click on "send shortcode to editor", it only works with "post categories".

The problem is that i've got a lot of pictures and i can't spend my time creating 200 posts.

Second problem :  My videos do not appears at all in gallery slide set. Galleries work if i had a web url but not for my media videos.  (i tried .flv. mp4. avi etc ….)

My videos work if i just insert them in a post with JW player. ot in galleries ….

last thing : I can't have text the way i want it to be in shortcode ( even when i'm in HTML)  , for exemple

does nothing, the text is juste a ligne.

thx for Help 

EDIT : Shortcodes slideset BUG has been FIXED by upgraading to 2.8.8 ! 

But Videos problem still get there

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you setting the embed type to JW Player on the slide set for mp4 etc? 

The Potirons
    Participant

yep

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you post a link of your video URL and even a link to your site with the video page?

The Potirons
    Participant

The website is still in progress. For now i replaced my video in the gallery with a Vimeo one ( cause it works) but i want to have one of my own library later.

The Potirons
    Participant

In the slide set, you will see a vimeo video and the same from my library for you to see my problem.

The video has an autoplay, Jw player embed type and 120 timeout.

Also as you can see on the same page. I would like to "organized" (i don't know the good word in english) my text wich is in my left column, but <> Html don't work in it.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you send over login details and I'll see if I can sort it for you. What video format are you using as well?

The Potirons
    Participant

Hi Andy ,

I sent you a private message

Can you mailed me just to know if you tried to fixed my problem.

I used .mp4

The Potirons
    Participant

Thank you so much to have taken time to fix this.

I was a litle bit lost in all of it.

Video Gallery works perfecrtly now !

one last thing …. (i’m really sorry , you must read that every day …^^)

I put my video in my stage gallery ( and thanks to you, it works ) , but i made my video in 940×350 in a way

to have it read without any black border from the JW Player .

Here, the player read my video ”diformed” with a black border on the top and bottom. (cause JW plays my video in 940×230 )

Is there a setting (maybe in editor ?) to say ”i want it to be played the fit it really is ?”

(i'm still in 2.8.8 version)

Thx Again

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

No worries, to fill the space you will require to increase the height. It works by ratio – you'll need to find the ideal height to match the ratio. I hope that helps. 

The Potirons
    Participant

do you mean i've got to make a new video with the good ratio or can i say to jw player in the gallery to keep my video ratio as i want it to be ? 

I made my video at the exact size of the gallery in the way there is no black pannel. So if there were not those pannels, my video will perfect fit in tne gallery, wich is not for the moment.

How to remove the black pannels ?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No, I mean increase the height of the gallery through the Additional Settings on pages. This will balance out the ratio. 

The Potirons
    Participant

But i don't want my gallery to be bigger. 

i want it to be like yours here : http://dynamix.creativeworkz.co.uk/galleries-2/stage/

By the way, when you fix my video problem , you said i could desactivate my JW Player Plugin for WordPress, but when i do it, my video do not appears in the gallery.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It's because your video has black bars built into the video – the one I use does not have black bars. There is no way to rid of the black bars unless the video was rendered without them. 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.