Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Gallery Slide Sets Not Working after moving website.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jennifer Lemon
    Participant

I was working on our site in a subdirectory  site.com/site/   in order to build the site and get it setup while keeping our old site active.  I completed setting up our wordpress website with dynamix theme.. and I moved the site and files into the root  site.com –  I updated the mysql db entries and everything appears to work fine, with the exception of the gallery slide sets, they do no load on the page and i cannot even load them in the gallery slide set admin page, alhtough they do show up.  Only one gallery slide set works, the one with just links to youtube videos embedded in a grid.  How can I fix my gallery slide sets?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

When you say you updated MYSQL db entries what did you change? 

Do you still have the old site active?

Jennifer Lemon
    Participant

the workplace site was http://www.promediaonline.com/site/  and I was attempted to move everything to the root directory just .com/     So I moved copied all the physical files for the website into the root and manually updated the mysql DB to remove all the /site/ references.   Everything came out fine with the exception of the gallery slide sets.. 

I've since reverted to the the original mysql DB and the site is sort in a dual running situation.. all the files are copied to root, but the site is live in /site..  

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

WIth the later versions of DynamiX you can manually export the Gallery Slide Sets and Import them into the new site. See DynamiX -> General Settings. But you'll need to take a copy from the original site first. 

Jennifer Lemon
    Participant

I've updated and I think I managed to get most everything working..  I also found a plugin called "Velvet Blue's Move URL" that was pretty handy.  Only one thing now is different and I can't figure out how to fix it.  My navigation menu is stuck using the top level pages and page ordering, rather than the menu's settings as defined under appearance.  Is there anyway to fix this?

— edit — 

nevermind, found it.. excuse me for being stupid 🙂    everything is working great now

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Glad it's all sorted Matt 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.