Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Gallery Slide Sets

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Diallo Smith
    Participant

All of a sudden the Gallery Slide Sets function are not saving my updates.  The last time I made updates which was about two weeks ago it worked fine.  I make the updates and save but it doesnt change.  I've tride from mac to pc and in different browsers (chrome, explorer, firefox, etc.) Can you help me out.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Diallo,

What version of DynamiX are you using? Sometimes when you're saving Slide Sets the connection is interupted and can cause an issue. Please send me your login details and I'll take a look as well. 

Diallo Smith
    Participant

I sent you my login info to your direct box a couple of days ago.  Let me know what you think.  I am using version 2.8.1.  I'm still having the same issues.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Diallo,

I've just had a quick look, I can't see any issues that maybe causing it to not save. However, I think the best thing todo is upgrade to the latest DynamiX version – 2.8.1 is using an old method, when you upgrade to 2.8.7 it may automatically resolve the issue. 

Diallo Smith
    Participant

Ok.  How do upgrade to the new version?  It's not showing up in my updates page on the dashboard.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The version you have doesn't show notifications – you have to goto ThemeForest and re-download the DynamiX theme and then re-upload to your server. 

If you have access to FTP this is the best method, otherwise you'll have to remove the current version of DynamiX and re-upload the new one. 

Diallo Smith
    Participant

i do have access to ftp.  But I would like a little guidance on how to upload to my server so that I don't mess up what I already have.  Should I upload it as a different theme in my theme folder (i.e. Dynamix2) or should I replace the dynamix theme totally in my theme folder

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can just overwrite what you have there already – as long as you haven't made any changes to the CSS it will not affect your website as all posts/pages/settings are stored within the database. 

Diallo Smith
    Participant

Ok.  I have made some changes to the ccs for formatting and text size adjustments.  would the style sheet be what is causing the issue or can I just save my current ccs and re-upload everything else.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

If you know the changes then just copy and past them as the CSS file would have no doubt changed between those versions. 

There is a new section in 2.8.7 where you can place your custom CSS into the admin -> Skin Settings page. 

adam
    Participant

Andy, I am using version 2.8.6.  What is the benefit of upgrading to version 2.8.7?  Can I just copy the CSS in the EDITOR to Notepad and paste it back into the theme once the upgrade is complete?  I have made substantial tweeks to the CSS in the Editor and hope I can copy/paste it into the upgrade version.  Also, WordPress is asking me to upgrade to version 3.3.1.  Should I do this?  I am using an FTP Editor, but am not confident in upgrading Dynamix or WP on my http://FTP.  I appreciate your feedback.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Ideally you need to just copy the CSS you chnaged. In 2.8.7 there is a section within the admin for adding custom CSS now. The alternative if you don't remember what you changed is to use a file comparison tool. 

Yes you can upgrade to the latest version of WordPress. You shouldn't have any issues. 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.