Home / Forums / ePix Support / Generic mobile theme defaulting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Theresa Scarbrough
    Participant

I just switched my blogs domain and reinstalled the ePix theme which I am now using just as my main blog template. Everything is fine when viewing on the full site version and on my Amazon tablet but when I trying to view on a iPhone 6s it is defaulting to the generic mobile template which it never did before when I was using this template for my main site. It gives the option at the bottom of the screen to view as the full site and when doing so that works fine.

How do I fix it so it just defaults to the ePix templates theme and not the generic mobile template?

Theresa Scarbrough
    Participant

Sorry forgot to include my blog link: blog.theresascarbrough.com

Also I just found in the ePix’s themes menu customization area if I uncheck the Mobile Navigation in the menu locations section the site default loads with the ePix template with the Firefox browser for my iPhone but it is still showing as a generic mobile template under Safari, even after clearing all the website data under settings.

Theresa Scarbrough
    Participant

Never-mind I cleared the data for Firefox and it defaulted to the generic site again too.

Mystery solved though, it was the Jetpack plugin that was making my site default to the generic mobile template. I deactivated that and it is now loading with the ePix template on my iPhone in both Safari and Firefox.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Theresa,

I’m glad you’ve managed to resolve it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.