Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / getting Dynamix’s sidebar style onto a custom sidebar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

• Peter Davenport

I'm working on setting up a custom sidebar on a this plugin's page: http://teatra.de/questions/

To add the sidebar, I created sidebar-questions.php in Dynamix root folder.

The content of that file is:

<?php if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Questions-sidebar') ) : ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

Then in custom-functions.php I entered:

register_sidebars( 1,

'name' => 'Questions-sidebar',

'before_widget' => '<div id="qa-sidebar">',

'after_widget' => '</div>',

'before_title' => '<h3>',

'after_title' => '</h3>'

I then placed some widgets into the new sidebar. However, the default Dynamix styling for the sidebar isn't available and I'm having trouble styling it. There is a css file for the questions page itself, but I want the Dynamix styles to fall onto this custom sidebar.

How do I do this?

Note: the plugin isn't very theme friendly and sidebars have to be hacked onto it and I have no dashboard level control over the page it is on itself (I've asked for it, but the developer is resistant). This means that I have to put it all together manually (which seems very anti-wordpress, but oh well…)

The sidebars are quite complex – the best I can offer is to edit either DynamiX/page.php or one of the other pages like blog.php and see the sidebar setup there.

It maybe easier to take a copy of page.php and then put the plugin contents into the page rather than the other way round?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.