Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Getting Error

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • S V
    Participant

I am trying to switch over my site from your Terso theme to the You theme and I am getting any error upon using the live preview.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getVcShared() in /home/onefunph/public_html/wp-content/themes/you/you/lib/inc/shortcodes.php on line 430

Right now due to the latest version of WordPress we are no longer able to use the Terso theme that we have loved for years. So our website is useless.

Thank you for your time.

S V
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @djzonemag

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials and also your FTP credentials so we can personally try to install the theme?

Thanks!

S V
    Participant

Hi @djzonemag

If this is a live and busy site, it is not recommended to apply the YOU theme to it right away as the site may not look as how you want it since YOU is completely different from Terso.

I’d recommend cloning the live site to a demo installation, then doing the test and redesign from this installation. Once you have rebuilt the site’s design on YOU, then you can clone the site back from demo to live.

Thanks!

S V
    Participant

Hi @djzonemag

“Duplication” or “cloning” of sites will require that you create a new installation on another domain/subdomain/subfolder, then you will need to copy the files from the live site to the new one then import the database.

There are also plugins like https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/that should help make the process easier for you.

There are also site migration companies that do these but they could get a bit pricey.

Some hosting companies like WP Engine, also has a “staging” as part of the hosting package which will make it easier for you to move a site from live to staging and vice versa with just a click on a button.

Thanks!

S V
    Participant

So I just need to grab an extra domain that I have laying around, activate it and put wordpress on it and then a copy of my site for you to work on? Gotcha. Will be back soon.

S V
    Participant

S V
    Participant

We found the issue. It was Visual Composer. We uninstalled it the activated your theme. Theme installed and activated the plugins including your version of Visual Composer. This allowed us in past the errors. From there we received a Visual Composer error upon opening the edit page area. So we went to the Visual Composer menu and renewed the permissions. This then allowed us to edit pages.

You might wish to make a note of this fix since I am not the only person that has tried to upgrade to YOU that has had it.

Glad to know you were able to sort this out.

We are looking into the other threads you opened and will get back to you once we have more information.

Regards,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.