Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Google Analytics

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Jonathan
    Participant

Does anyone know how to use google analytics with this theme?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The google analytics code can be placed in one of the lowerfooter fields (footer settings). 

Scott C
    Participant

Google says it’s better to have it inside the header, right before the closing </head> tag.

I’ve tried putting this in the header “Custom HTML” area, but that appears to be after the <head> section.

I tried adding it directly to the page template, but that broke my site.
    please advise!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

They’ve changed that, it used to be in the footer. Anyway, if you edit DynamiX/header.php, you can place within the <head> tag.

Scott C
    Participant

Thanks!!

Scott C
    Participant

Here’s a follow-up question for you, Andy–since i’ll be manually adding this script to the header.php file, i assume that when i update the theme it’ll be wiped out.

Should i add the header.php file to the child theme so that when i do updates i don’t lose my work? or, is there a chance that file will be updated during the theme udpate, and would need to be updated itself?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

The only issue with that is 3.0 is coming and it’s extremely different from 2.x – so keeping the header.php in the Child-Theme will not work. I’m looking into the Google Analytics code – I’ll probably add a custom area in the admin for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.