Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Using Google Fonts and new privacy police for the european union

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

• dq-8

in may 2018 the new DSVGO come into operation ans till then you must inform every user of you page abaout tracking and data that handled between the page, thirthparty users and visitors.

that are services like, google remarket, adsense, analytics, piwik, social media plugins and so on.

also you must inform your visitors about so simple things like the use of google fonts, because google track this using to and can create personal profiles about the users. that what’s the eu block with this new law.

so i try to host my used fonts with SIL Open Font License local. this works so fare but only on safari desktop (displayed first unshape) and safari iphone / ipad (doesn’t shown) it makes some problems.

hope you can take a look because if you use the theme with the actual settings after 25 may 2018 you one runs the risk of being warned by lawyers or authorities (if you use google fonts with your theme).

maybe a idea to add a local host font option to your theme in a update that will be very interested for your european customers.

since that i will be happy if you can take a look why safari doesn’t load the local fonts correctlly.

thx in advance tom

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  dq-8.

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @dq-8

I have forwarded this to the developer. I will get back to you once I have more information.

hi and thx a lot

regards tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.