Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Google Page speed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • DIPTISH NASKAR
    Participant

While I have been searching the question in the forum but was unable to find a specific answer on this topic. After installing the latest version of Dynamix the Google page speed score has degraded. Earlier it used to score near 90 and now it is 65 with same settings of W3total cache.

It feels like we were much better with the previous versions. Any help on this regard will be really great!!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you update to the latest version of WordPress at the same time? Which version were you running before the update? Have you tried testing it without the cache plugin installed? We found that cache plugins hindered the load time some what.

Do you have a link to your site so I can take a look for myself?

Kind regards,
    Tom

DIPTISH NASKAR
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I updated the latest version of the WordPress at the same time. I have not tried to test the same without the plugin.

You can the website http://www.kolkataweddingtales.com

I just now updated the latest version of Dynamix and the score is still the same.

Regards
    Diptish

DIPTISH NASKAR
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Just checked the score without the plugin is 60 and with the plugin is 67

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Your site is very fast and loading nearly instantly for me. If the plugin is only making that small amount of difference, it might be the WordPress update that is slowing things up too. There have been a lot of changes to WP in the latest update.

Kind regards,
    Tom

DIPTISH NASKAR
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking.

High possibility that the wordpress is causing all the problems but at the end of the day, would have loved to see the score going up on the page speed rather than going down so drastically.

Not sure whether I will be able to live with it, but will try to push up the score with things which are in my hands as it is affecting the site SEO.

Regards

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Diptish can i say i switched to the other caching plugin and found it to be much better, did it a few months ago. W3 causes more problems if you ask me and the other one is much simpler

DIPTISH NASKAR
    Participant

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the input. If you can let me know which other cache plugin you are talking about then it will really useful for me.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.