Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Google Page Speed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

• Alexander

first of all compliments on such a stunning theme,

I have my question on optimizing for SEO:

the google page speed gives a resultless than 60/100 and the main points that need fixing is:

allowing compression,

putting images into css sprites

leverage browser caching

other points are:

defer parsing of java

Minify JavaScript, Minify CSS, Inline Small JavaScript, Prefer asynchronous resources, Optimize images, Minify HTML, Specify a character set, Optimize the order of styles and scripts, Remove query strings from static resources

I tried WP Total Cache plugin – and it caused many errors on the site including the homepage which kept on switching the slider content unexpectedly.

also any attempt at compression and css sprites cause errors –

can you give any help or advise as to how best to fix this? or other plugins that wont clash with the theme?

thanks very much!

The Theme is optimised as much as it could without re-designing. Those top issues are the main concern, but they are to do with your server and not the site itself. You can see the demo site here which scores 80 https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights#url=http_3A_2F_2Fdynamix.creativeworkz.co.uk&mobile=false

I suggest talking with your hosting to enable GZIP compression and leverage browser caching. Or if you have access to the htaccess file modify them yourself. Try adding the following above any other content that’s within the file already. You’ll still may need to contact your host to enable a few things.

# compress text, html, javascript, css, xml:
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript

<FilesMatch “.(ico|flv|jpeg|png|gif|js|css|swf)$”>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresDefault “access plus 1 month”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.