Home / Forums / ePix Support / Grid galleries not displaying when in tabs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Geoffrey Dunn
    Participant

Hi,
    firstly, love the theme. Nice work guys 🙂
    However I seem to be having a vexing issue with my Galleries page http://www.geoffreydunn.com.au/galleries/. At present I have three tabbed sections each containing a Grid Gallery (People, Monochrome and Macro). When I load the Galleries page, the People gallery is loaded as the default tab … no problems there. When I select either of the other gallery pages (Monochrome or Macro) the tab loads but the images appear to be all compressed into a very thin line. Clicking on this line brings up the lightbox for the first image in the gallery so I know that they’re loading … if somewhat stupidly.

Can anyone assist with this? Running the latest VC and Epix theme updates though to be fair the issue was present before the last update.

Thanks in advance.

Geoffrey Dunn
    Participant

Bump. Nicely that is.

Geoffrey Dunn
    Participant

Hi again,
    one additional thing that I’ve noticed is that if I wait for one of the problematic tabs to load (and render my requested grid gallery into a 1px line) and then resize the browser window, the images pop out into their expected gridded glory. However, since I cannot expect visitors to my site to resize their browser every time they wish to view a new gallery I’m still searching for a fix! I have a number of other galleries to publish but I’m waiting until this issue is resolved before I put them together.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Geoffrey,

My apologies for missing this. jQuery tabs has always caused issues like this. What browser are you using as on a Mac, it’s working fine.

Do you have image heights set? One other way would be to add a CSS class to each Gallery which forces a minimum height. e.g. add force_gridheight to each Gallery > CSS Classes.

Then in Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS – add the following:

.force_gridheight {min-height:1000px !important;}

See if that makes any difference.

Geoffrey Dunn
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    I tried what you suggested and (depending on the px height I use) it displays a couple of the images in a straight column but the grid gallery arrangement is nowhere to be seen so it doesn’t solve the issue. I’ve left the Monochrome Gallery with the custom CSS added so you can see what it’s doing.

In answer to your other question, I’m PC/Android based and the issue persists on Chrome, Firefox and IE(last resort!) and on the Android Chrome, FF, Mercury and Dolphin … so kinda ubiquitous. I’m happy that it behaved well for the Mac 😉

Any other suggestions?

Geoffrey

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Geoffrey,

Have you tried it without the masonry enabled, I’m guessing it would fine without that enabled.

However, there is one thing we could try, add the following to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize Custom > Javascript.

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $('.wpb_tabs_nav a').on('click', function() {
    $(window).trigger('resize');
    });
    });
    </script>

Geoffrey Dunn
    Participant

Thanks Andy.
    I tried it without the masonry enabled and it presented the images (definite plus!) but with large gaps of white space which looks ugly. So no real fix there. When I add the JS (trying to force a quick window resize the jiggle the grid into action I see 🙂 ) I see no effect upon the page rendering … ie they still place all the images into a 1px line. In fact I can’t the clicking on the tabs has any appreciable ancillary affect (eg resizing) at all. I did check the page source and the little rocketscript is in there ok. I tried clearing all cachesboth browser and site and switched off the connection to the CloudFlare CDN to ensure that changes made were being directly reflected in the browser.

I’m thinking I may have to abandon the idea of tabbed galleries and go for something more conventional which is a shame because I like the tidy way they they look. I have a number of themed galleries to present but finding a way to allow people to browse them without resorting to numerous dropdowns is proving elusive 🙂

I’m open to further suggestions as I really would like to get this working 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Geoffrey Dunn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’ve spent far far too long on this but I’ve managed to get it working, see what you think.

Geoffrey Dunn
    Participant

Oh Andy! Fantastic work … you’ve definitely gone above and beyond 🙂
    Thank you, I really appreciate your efforts on finding a solution to this for me 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome! If you haven’t rated the theme yet, please login to themeforest and head over to http://themeforest.net/downloads to rate the theme, thanks 😉

Have a good weekend!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.