Home Forums ePix Support Grid Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

Hello

I hope all is well 🙂

I’m wondering if you can help…. I like the back end editor grid gallery style the way the images all seem to inter lock (meet each other)…
    The VC grid gallery seems more formal and a lot of white space (for want of a better description)

I would like to be able to place the back end editor grid gallery style after an image header and a short text paragraph is this possible..?

If yes please would you point me in the right direction

Thank you
    Kirsten

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kirsten,

I’m not sure what you mean? You can change the padding option with the Grid Gallery. Do you have a link to the example please.

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

HI Andy
    mmm thought you may not understand me!
    I’m messing about behind the scenes of my website so I don’t have a live page to show… I’m really not sure if I can explain my self properly

This is the grid I really like – http://acoda.com/epix/grid/ It’s the first one on this page

Firstly I’d like to add at the top of my page an image or a stage gallery then I would like to add a text box (I can do this )

After that I would like to add the grid style http://acoda.com/epix/grid/ (the first one)

I only seem to be able to add this style of grid if I use the backend editor grid – which adds the galley to the top of the page only (as far as I can see)

If I use the Front end editor the images seem to have a lot of white space around them and a slightly more formal feel

I’ll send a link privately and hope you understand my ramblings!

Thanks
    Kirsten

Kirsten Platt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kirsten,

I’ve created a page for you here: http://www.kirstenplatt.co.uk/test/

In order to make it full width, I changed the Row > Stretch > to Stretch Row and Content. Then added a Grid Gallery and increased the image sizes.

Now you can place other content above or below it. I hope that helps?

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

Ooooh Thank you so much Andy I’ll go and have a play…. didn’t expect that! Thanks again Kirsten 🙂

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

Hi Andy

Love it! 🙂 but I now need the Ajax lazy load to work…. sorry for being a pain 🙁

Kirsten

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No problem. You can enable Ajax lazy load by editing the Grid Gallery I’ve implemented and select the option for it. That should do it?

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

Hi Andy

I’m back working on the website and the grid gallery looks fab!

Until I add the lazy load etc… The pictures are no longer the same size I’m sure it’s just a bit of code changing I’ve tried… but not succeeded 🙁

The page I’m working on is ‘Helen and Sam’s Wedding Gallery’ (not live)

Also what size would I need to input if I wished it to be 4 across in stead of 3? I can see it says 700 x700
    I’d just like to see what it looks like.

Thanks again for your support it’s very much appreciated
    Kirsten

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

Hi Andy

I’ve managed to suss out how to make the images on the grid gallery 4 across 525 x 525,

However I’m still struggling with the Ajax lazy load

The initial load eg 12 are perfectly square no problem

Click load more

The grid becomes no longer squares and when a portrait image appears it becomes very disjointed leaving lots of white spaces?

Any ideas
    Thanks Kirsten

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kirsten,

Sorry for the delay, can you post your FTP details please, I’ll see what maybe causing it and provide a fix directly on your site.

Kirsten Platt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kirsten,

Is that definitely your FTP details, they look like your WordPress login details.

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

mmm I guess I’m not sure what FTP means, I guessed they were my log in details

So what is the FTP aagh I feel so silly having to ask

Kirsten

Kirsten Platt
    Participant

I’m just asking the guy who hosts my web 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.