Home / Forums / ePix Support / Grid Gallery collapsing in Chrome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Dea
    Participant

I’d include my url and wordpress password however I see no option here to make this a ‘private’ post so I can’t.
    I see no “Tick the box ‘Set reply to private’” as is printed in the Troubleshooting Guide.

When I add a grid gallery, for example set to 3 columns, in Chrome the images collapse in to 2 columns. In IE the grid gallery displays correctly.

Help, please. Thanks.

Dea
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Dea
    Participant

It’s rather strange… It only collapses when Chrome is maximised. If ‘restore down’ pressed, even if filling the entire screen, the gallery does not collapse down to 2 columns.

Dea
    Participant

Dea
    Participant

… further… when ‘column padding’ is applied both ie and chrome collapse to 2 columns when 3 selected. Sorry, I haven’t gotten around to testing in Firefox or other browsers yet.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dea,

I am just checking out your page on Chrome and it seems to work fine for me? I cannot see the same issue that you are having?

Please can you try resetting your browser cache to see if that makes a difference?

This is what I see.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Dea
    Participant

I tried replying by email… would have been easier.. I wanted to include some screenshots… Here’s me email minus screenshots
    ********************************************************************************************************************

I see what you mean… strange. This is what I’m seeing, screen dimensions 1366×768: screenshot1.jpg attached.

This is what I see when the browser is at almost ‘full screen’ but *not* maximised: screenshot2.jpg attached.

When I expanded the browser window to the ‘extreme’ before it’s maximised (approximately 2 – 5px) the columns collapsed. This has to be some ‘@media only screen’ issue or some such…

If you don’t receive the images I can upload them somewhere.

Dea
    Participant

It’ll have to wait.. I’ll have to upload later… just busy….

Dea
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dea,

We do not offer email support, only support via this Support Forum.

If the grid gallery width is not at an equal number of pixels wide, it will drop onto the next line, if you resize the window slightly, it should go back to 3 columns. The code cannot put a even number of pixels into an odd number of pixels so it has to go onto another line. Unfortunately this is a limitation of the code.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Dea
    Participant

I really don’t understand your explanation. I want consistency. Currently I have IE and Firefox displaying the grid layout correctly so therefore I have a gallery that is an equal number of pixels wide; I have Chrome, according to you, having an unequal number of pixels so it’s not displaying correctly. How do I make the grid gallery width an equal number of pixels wide using the settings provided by your theme so it displays correctly in all mainstream browsers? I’ve been using the ‘default’ settings in your demo and the images you supplied and for some reason they’ve broken..

Dea
    Participant

Ok, this is by no way a solution because part of your theme’s function is broken in Chrome. Your mention of a ‘width’ variable I’d not seen got me curious. I went and added a new row and inserted a ‘grid gallery’ from Visual Composer instead. Ahh, there’s the mysterious gallery width option. With the ‘grid gallery’ that has the problem in Chrome untouched produced by the tabbed options at the bottom of the page I updated the page. The new gallery displays correctly in all browsers, the gallery width set to 100%. So, to conclude, in my experience the grid gallery available in the ‘add gallery’ tab of every page does not work correctly in Chrome and, from your explanation, it appears not to work because there’s no way of setting the gallery’s width.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dea,

I have added the following CSS to fix the four columns dropping down to 3.

.row .four,
    .row .three_column	{ width: 33.3%; }

There are other things about your site that I am not concerned about. I cannot seem to scroll on your site and it has very strange functionality when sizing down the browser window compared to the ePix demo site.

Have you added any custom code to your site at all?

Tom

Dea
    Participant

Yes, there’s a script preventing the mousewheel because I didn’t like the jerky movement of the paralax backgrounds when the wheel was used. However, I’m having doubts about preventing its use. On more than one occasion I’ve tried to use the mousewheel and it’s annoying to find it’s disabled.

As for anything changed to affect the sizing nothing has been added nor taken away. There was no call for it. So I’m concerned to discover a problem! I’ll have to compare/contrast.

Dea
    Participant

And excuse my rudeness! Thank you for making the amendment to the CSS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.