Home / Forums / ePix Support / Grid Gallery Discoloration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kim Lovvorn
    Participant

Hello,

There appears to be some discoloration in my grid gallery. Please take a look and let me know if you have any idea what’s going on. The images appear to be normal in my media gallery. Also, I would like to adjust the space between the columns, but if I understand correctly, if you add values in the height and width fields, it’s no longer responsive. I’ll continue to read through other forums, but please let me know if you have a fix.

I’ll send a private reply with login details and attachment.

Grid gallery link: http://www.nostalgiastudio.com/engagement-wedding/

Thanks,

Kim

Kim Lovvorn
    Kim Lovvorn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kim,

First off, great work – the photography is incredible!

The only thing I can think of is that the images are resized depending on the size of them. One way to test if this is the cause is to switch off the resizing script via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Image Resizer.

If they then display fine, it’s due to the compression used on the resizing script. There isn’t a lot we can do about this. You’re using quite sensible image sizes anyway, so it may not be too much of an issue without the resizer.

Let me know either way and I’ll think about what could potentially be done.

Kim Lovvorn
    Kim Lovvorn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kim,

The issue now is the images maybe too big to load on some pages. Which pages are you referring to with the files not working and the responsive issue?

With regards to the spacing, is the “Padding” option switched off within the Grid Gallery options?

Kim Lovvorn
    Kim Lovvorn
    Participant

The other issue I was referring to involves the discoloration across other devices with unrelated projects – I just wanted to let you know because I think that may be why they were discolored in the first place (the way they were exported). Not sure though. Otherwise, I think the responsiveness is working properly.

I currently have the padding enabled. Should it be? Is there a way to customize the padding?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Unfortunately you can’t control the padding, it’s either on or off. If you switch it off, it will make the images flush against each other.

However, there is another factor affecting things here and that’s the image width set in the Grid Gallery. Set the with to say 500 in the Grid Settings and that will improve the spacing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.