Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Grid gallery images not cropping

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
  • thingswelike
    Participant

Hi there.
    I’ve built a site on Tersus and the gallery looks great. http://coulterofficeinteriors.co.uk/gallery/
    I was trying to match this in Dynamix, but when I use the “attached media” method, the images aren’t cropping to the specified size. I think the width is working, but they are always showing at their natural aspect ratio – ignoring the ‘image height’.
    When I use the ‘slide set’ method, it crops as I wanted, but then I can’t automatically suck in Title and Description from the media library.

Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
    Alex

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

What version of DynamiX are you using and can you provide a link to the DynamiX theme with the issue, thanks.

thingswelike
    Participant

Hi Andy
    DynamiX v3.0.2

ok – I’ve just set up a test page with a gallery one which shows the issue. I’ve set the ‘image height’ at “140”
    However, there’s a maintenance script running to block access. I can let you bypass it with your IP address. If there’s a PM system you could pm me your IP and I can open the site to you.

Here’s my workflow
    Portfolio>add new>Attach media>Remember ID
    On page>add grid gallery>enter ID>Enter height.

thingswelike
    Participant

ok – I’ve set up the test page on the public side now:
    http://rgssheetmetal.co.uk/rgs/services/

The gallery which is done using the slide-set method is http://rgssheetmetal.co.uk/rgs/gallery/
    But I couldn’t see a way to ‘post limit’ that and also the title and descriptions came from a specific slide-set location instead of the media, so I’m not totally comfortable with that method.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’ve just tested with using the Attached ID method on 3.0.3 and it works fine by setting a height.

Do you have the image resizing script enabled via Appearance > Theme Options > General?

If so, can you provide your login details and I’ll check this out for you, please give page names etc, thanks.

thingswelike
    Participant

Yes to ‘image resizing’.
    How do I safely supply login details?

Cheers
    Alex

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Click the “Set as private reply” checkbox when posting your details.

thingswelike
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

I can’t work out if there is an issue with the resizing script or whether simply upgrading to 3.0.3 will resolve your issue. I’ve tested again on my server and it does work fine with attached media.

thingswelike
    Participant

As it works with slide-set method, I’m sure the script should be ok.
    Could it be something to do with not uploading the images at the time of attachment (i.e. choosing them from the existing media library).
    I’ll update to 3.0.3 and see if anything changes.

thingswelike
    Participant

updated to 3.0.3 – still no joy.
    Also tested uploading into the post (rather than choosing from media). That didn’t work either.
    Any ideas?

Can you use the supplied login details to create a gallery on the site in your way to see if there’s a difference in workflow?

Cheers
    Alex

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

I’m really not sure what is going on here – what I am seeing is, the images are not resizing using the resizing script for the services page, however they are on the Gallery page. However it’s not an attached vs slide set issue as it’s working okay for me for attached.

I’ll take a deeper look at this to see what is going on.

thingswelike
    Participant

Thanks Andy!

thingswelike
    Participant

Any more thoughts on this?
    When I put a ‘slide-set’ gallery and a ‘attached media’ gallery in the same page, the slide-set works and the attached media doesn’t.
    There’s something odd going on.
    I’m really hoping to resolve this as the next job is to get the client to fill in all the titles and descriptions which are in different places depending on the type of gallery used (attached media is far mode preferable because that sucks in the title and description from the media).

Cheers
    Alex

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

I’m not none the wiser as to why it’s happening to you, do you have access to a fresh install of the Theme? Can you also try disabling all plugins to see if that has an affect too?

Also what server are you using, is it Windows or Linux?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.