Home / Forums / ePix Support / Grid Gallery Not Working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Nick Frontiero
    Participant

Hello,

My client loves the theme as do I. My client loaded the stage slider for portfolio with about 46 images, so it just makes the page chug when trying to load all those images. Page here: http://www.nickfrontierophotography.com/portfolio/

So I suggested using the grid gallery as it looks like it loads a smaller preview image and displays the full res image in lightbox. So I created a new page to test the grid out and the images all load as broken. Not sure why. Page: http://www.nickfrontierophotography.com/portfolio-new-test/

Any ideas why the images aren’t loading?

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m glad you love it 🙂

That’s strange, it appears the images do not exist. The image resizing script maybe cached somehow.

You can remove the images with the random generated characters on the end directly within the /wp-content/uploads/ ( PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE ANY OF THE FOLDERS ).

See if that helps? I’m looking to introduce ajax loading in the future too.

Nick Frontiero
    Participant

I removed those images and it killed all the images throughout the site. So I had to restore the images. The Grid Gallery still loaded broken images.

Originally I had the wp files in a subdir, but then moved them to the root to see if it would improve site speed (per one of the other posts here). There was issues when I moved to the root (mainly a plugin messed things up) so my host had to fix the issue. I’m thinking it also created issues with the images. The only thing I can think of is having to go back and upload the media again and recreate the galleries in order to get it to work, unless you can think of a fix that wouldn’t require me to do this.

Something new I also noticed tonight is the full screen slider I have on a test home is blinking occasionally: http://www.nickfrontierophotography.com/home-new/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

If all of the images have gone from your site then you will need to re-upload them. Sorry about that.

I cannot see a flicker on your site, which browser are you testing in?

Nick Frontiero
    Participant

Hey,

No worry. It shouldn’t be that much of an issue for me.

The flickr appears to be gone today at a different computer. I was using Chrome via iMac last night. I’ll emtpy my cache and see if it still does it.

Thanks

Nick Frontiero
    Participant

I’m back. So I re-uploaded images and the grid works. I will be going back and replacing the images on the site so I can delete those image files with the extra characters added on.

So the grid works now:
    http://www.nickfrontierophotography.com/portfolio-new-test/

What it doesn’t do however is take up the entire width of the screen when you resize the window. It stays at three columns but doesn’t exceed past a certain point. Is this a template setting or something (I didn’t do the initial setup of the theme, the client wanted to do that, so I’m just doing fixes now)?

On a side note, what determines the width of the nav bar? I noticed on the demo site the nav bar is thinner than what I have now.

The flickering on the full page slider happens on Safari 6.0.3. It happens just before the image switches. There is no flickr on Chrome.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

If you update to the latest version of ePix, there is a Full page option which makes the entire page full width like the demo. For more information on this, please see the documentation here.

The nav bar will always stay the same width. It is is same width as the demo site.

It is most probably a bug with Safari, hence why they have updated it to Safari 7, I recommend updating Safari.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nick Frontiero
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for the info. When I go to the Envato Toolkit and click “update auto” I get a warning saying “Updating this theme will lose any customization you have made.” What defines as customization? Will I have to redo the entire site, or just small things? Is there a way to update without losing anything?

As for the navbar width, I guess I was just really tired and thought the navbar width was different. I will also upgrade to Safari 7. I rarely ever use it so probably why I haven’t updated.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

It is just a warning if you have added extra code it may be overwritten. If you have changed the core files in any way, these customizations will be overwritten. If you have added your CSS to the Custom CSS field under Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS, then these will stay when updating. Same with your pages, skins and content.

It will only overwrite modified main files.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.