Home / Forums / ePix Support / Grid Gallery – SOME Thumbnails Cropped

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Jeff Ross
    Participant

I love this theme, but I’m not understanding why SOME but not all thumbnails in my grid gallery are not adjusted to be vertical thumbs, instead being cropped to horizontal orientation. On my page’s gallery options I do not have an image height or width set at all. I have tried that, but I have images of many different sizes, so there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ height or width for this collection of images. Am I missing something? The gallery looks beautiful until about 3/4 down the page and it begins happening. The last 1/4 of the page, it seems to happen to all vertical images, where at the top, there are full length vertical thumbnails. Any help is appreciated. I’m stuck on this. I’m using Slide Manager Sets as data source. http://anneross.com/2014 (in progress) Thanks!

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Incidentally I’ve also noticed that despite being checked, the Zoom Hover function never seems to work on this gallery. I probably wouldn’t use it for this, but I’d like to see the option work if it’s available.

Jeff Ross
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Zoom on hover does work but cannot work with black and white enabled.

The script seems to be failing 3/4 of the page down. Now this could be for a number of reasons. Either there is just too many images and videos on the page so the script it failing or it may be one of the video damaging the isotope script.

The first thing to try would be to put a holding image up for the videos instead of embedding them directly. To do this, edit your slide set and add an image, edit the image and type in the media URL as the video, leave the embed blank. Do this for each of the videos to see if that makes a difference.

If not, then try splitting the gallery into 2. Bit of a pain but it might be that there is just too much for the script and server to handle all together.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response! I’ll work on this and see what works.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Changing the videos to pic thumbnails didn’t change the script failing. I could split the gallery into two, but I’d lose the usefulness of the Tag Filtering. Not sure what to do now except pair the gallery down to fewer pictures.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

OK- I think I’ve got it! I still had one video whose embed type was set to JW Player. The only way the thumbnails all appear correct is if all videos Embed Type is set to Disabled. I liked the videos playing in place on the page, but the Lightbox works, so for me- problem solved. I hope this is helpful to someone else as I’ve spent too much time on this today! Thanks for your help Tom!

Jeff Ross
    Participant

One more thought- Would it be possible to set a default opening Category Filter? Example- I have 6 categories within my homepage slide set grid gallery and currently when the page opens, it is set to “ALL” and all pics are displayed. Perhaps where you turn on Category Filtering a checkbox of all available categories could be set as the default upon opening. Just a thought- I could use the feature, perhaps others would find it useful as well. Thanks again!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Ok thats great, glad you resolved this.

This has been asked before and Unfortunately it is currently not possible to do, although Andy(theme creator) is thinking about way it can be done!

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.