Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Group gallery issue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • christophe leray
    Participant

Hi,

i am trying to set up a group gallery on my homepage with data source as Post categories but it doesn’t work nothing is displayed except the title. if i use data source as slide set it works fine. i have tried many times with different picutres, on different pages but can’t find what is wrong.
    it is the same issue if use data gallery from the menu ‘add gallery’ and select data source posts categories.
    it should display the pictures from my post, am i right?

thanks,

christophe leray
    Participant

by the way you can see an example on this page: http://i-have-dreams.com/accueil2/. it uses slide set on this page.
    i have got the same issue if i use visual composer : recent post

thanks

christophe leray
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It sounds like you need to change your excerpt settings. Go to Settings > Excerpt > Untick, Strip Shortcodes.

This should solve things.

Kind regards,
    Tom

christophe leray
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have not come across this before, please can you reply with your login details so I can take a further look into things?

Kind regards,
    Tom

christophe leray
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The settings that you have chosen within your gallery are set to posts that are set to images and image + text. Your posts aren’t set to images and do not have a featured image set.

To keep the current gallery settings, you will need to go into each of your posts and set a featured image and set them to an image post. Both these options are down the right hand column.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

christophe leray
    Participant

christophe leray
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your group gallery is working with the correct titles set, can you confirm this is working for you OK now?

Kind regards,
    Tom

christophe leray
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

On your first gallery the image resizer is doing it’s job as it should. Your first image is a square, you second and third are rectangular. As they have already been resized when inserted into the post, they will not be resized again.

The gallery thats using the slide sets will resize the images directly on the page and make them look how you want. A way around this could be to use the slide sets but add a link to each of them so when the users clicks each image or title, they go straight to the post.

Kind regards,
    Tom

christophe leray
    Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.