Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Group slider problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Foumke
    Participant

Hello

It’s my second website i’m creating with the Dynamix theme and I’m encountering the same problem over and over again.
    I would like to use the group slider to showcase my recent work on the frontpage.

Unfortunately it just doesn’t work.

This is what I’ve done and I would like to know what’s wrong with it.

I’m using a group slider with post category. View the enclosed images:

I would like to know why It doesn’t show up any images while everything is configured correct.

Thanks in advance

Foumke

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Foumke,

The datasource Post/Page ID picks up on the featured image rather than an image within the post. You need to set a featured image and this is what will show in the gallery.

Also, I recommend not to use the front end editor of Visual Composer but the back end page editor instead as they have still not got it quite right. It is still a bit buggy so for now, until they improve it, I recommend using the back end editor. Just a heads up.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Foumke
    Participant

Hello Tom

The post I made was with a featured image :
    And now I recreated it with the backend tool which also didn’t pick up my images.
    Group Slider

I really need to fix this problem because I can’t continue developping my site.
    You can visit the site here: website

I can’t either create other galleries, same problem with the portfolio categories it just doesn’t pick up the images.

I hope you know the answer
    Foumke

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Foumke,

That sounds a bit strange, are you using the latest version of Visual Composer (4.2.2)?

You can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Foumke
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have figured this out.

It was that the slug and slug name were different so WordPress could not actually find the correct category to display the images.

You will need to make sure your category names are displayed like the following or else WordPress cannot pick up on them.

Example.
    Name: Babies and Bumps
    Slug: babies-and-bumps

This way, WordPress will be able to pick up on your categories containing more than one word.

I changed this for you and the images appeared straight away on the home page.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.