Home / Forums / ePix Support / H1 tags

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Pete Barnes
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’m sure I have asked about this before but don’t think I got very far. I seem to be missing h1 tags from my homepage (which is just a gallery essentially) where would I go about putting the h1 tags, do I have to manually do them in the header? Any help you can give would be highly appreciated. I’m sure there is a simple solution I just appear to be missing. site is http://www.petebarnesphotography.co.uk

Kind regards

Pete

Hi @epix

The default H1 on the theme/site is the Site Title. The Site Title tag automatically disappears once you set a logo to the site.

You can either manually define an H1 or I will confirm with the developer if we easily leave the site title but hide it even with a site logo defined.

I will get back to you once I have more information on this.

Regards,

Pete Barnes
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for that, I think that was the response previously about checking with the development. How do I go about manually specifying the h1 tags, is it a case if editing the header section?

Hi @petebarnes

If you want the post/page title to be the H1, you can manually edit the theme files and update the heading for the post title to be H1.

Another options is to disable the Title for the page which is normally an H2, then manually add the H1 to the page using Visual Composer.

However, H1s are normally the site title, then Post/page titles are H2s. So I am not sure if there are negative implications to it regarding SEO.

Regards,

Pete Barnes
    Participant

How would I go about manually editing the theme files to update the page title to be H1? I can confirm disabling the title for the page and manually adding a H1 did not seem to work. I have tried messing with this for a week now and nothing seems to work

Hi @petebarnes

I confirmed this with the developer and it looks like if you are using a logo, the page title automatically becomes the H1 as seen on our test page here: http://testarea.acoda.com/epix/blog/

You just need to enable titles on your pages again and the H1 should then be identified. If you are having issues with it, please send over your site’s login credentials so we can check on this further.

Thanks!

Pete Barnes
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Pete,

This actually works.

For example on this page http://www.petebarnesphotography.co.uk/wedding-photography-packages/ you enabled the title.

If you view the source code of the page by pressing CTRL+U on your keyboard, do a “find” for “

Pete Barnes
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, it works on that page, it is my homepage I am having an issue with, If I look for H1 in the souce code of my homepage there is nothing

Hi Pete,

Thanks for specifying.

I think this is happening because you used the ‘Add Gallery’ option that is why it disregarded any text you added to the editor or the title you enabled.

Can you try to add a Gallery element instead of the ‘Add Gallery’ option and check if that fixes the issue?

Thanks!

Pete Barnes
    Participant

Hi,

That fixes the issue with regards to google being able to see my H tags, however the homepage looks pretty unusable as I get a load of errors:

Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/sites/p/petebarnesphotography.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/adm/functions/BFI_Thumb.php on line 454

Repeatedly then I get my gallery at the bottom but it isn’t full screen with the slow zoom which I would very much like to keep.

Kind regards

Pete Barnes
    Participant

If I go down the route of designing my own revslider I have a set of new problems. One issue is it tells me there is an update for the revslider plugin but I was under the impression we should only use the one with the latest version of epix?

Hi Pete,

There is no need to update Revolution Slider as that should still work even with the current version.

For the warnings, you may have WP_Debug enabled on your wp-config.php. Disable it and those warnings should disappear from your site.

Can you please try it and send us a feedback?

Thanks!

Pete Barnes
    Participant

Could I ask what is the latest version of VC? I seem to have 4.11.2 but not sure if this is the most recent.

I seem to have corrected the H tag problem by binning my logo but the backend of my site is really slow and I am pretty sure it is due to the VC plugin

Hi @petebarnes

The latest version of Visual Composer is 4.12.

Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.