Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Has everyone else had to basically re-create their site?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Scott C
    Participant

I’m really struggling with getting our site back to the way it was after upgrading to the new version of Dynamix.

At this point, it feels like it would be easier to start completely from scratch, as it seems EVERY single element is requiring custom CSS rules and things do not behave as expected.

For example: cufon fonts, sidebars, logos, menus, galleries…. the list just goes on.

See the post-gallery in the footer at woodstockmediagroup.com and compare that with the post-gallery from test.woodstockmediagroup.com.

They both have the SAME EXACT CSS rules, but for whatever reason things just do not work on Dynamix 3.0+.

Really struggling with how to proceed here. This is taking WAY too much time.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

There have been huge advances in the code since the old versions of Dynamix, you will have to fix a few things to get the site looking how you had it before. But trust me, it will be worth it!

If you were using custom.css skins before, then unfortunately they won’t carry across as the way that the new version works is completely different. Now there is the live customizer and you should be able to re-build the same look of skin quite easily.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Scott C
    Participant

Can someone check out the links in the original post and perhaps offer a suggestion to fix the post-gallery in my footer? They both have the same exact CSS, but the post-gallery on 3.0 Dynamix doesn’t look anywhere near the same (in fact it looks buggy).

Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

It looks like you need more width on the footer columns. You can free up more width by changing the footer columns from 4 to 2 for example.
    To do this, navigate to Appearance > Theme Options > Footer > Footer Columns > 2.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.