Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Header and Footer colours problem in IE11

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Mat Mackenzie
    Participant

Hi – after just upgrading to the latest version of your theme, my header and footer colours are not displaying correctly in IE11. (OK in FF and Chrome).

Header colour should be royal blue fading to back with a pattern underneath, but now the colours are absent. Similar thing with footer. Rolling back to previous version of theme didn’t help. I should also add the that transparency of the background image is now also wrong in IE – it is no longer sufficiently transparent.

Please compare pages in IE and Chrome to see the difference.

Plus the Customize Theme function doesn’t seem to save now. If I click ‘save and publish’ the button doesn’t change to ‘saved’, and when I try to leave the page I get a warning ‘are you sure you want to leave this page’. This latter problem in all browsers.

http://www.faheycontracts.com
    Many thanks in advance

Mat

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Mat Mackenzie.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mat,

Can you post your FTP please, it looks like IE11 needs it’s own rule for this ( I wish Microsoft would give up making browsers!!! ).

Mat Mackenzie
    Participant

IE11? Ha ha yeah me too!

Post my FTP? Do you mean you want access to the web server? Won’t my FTP login details be available to everyone?

M.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mat,

Don’t worry, you can hit the “Set as private reply” and only myself will see it.

Mat Mackenzie
    Participant

Ok – understood. As it’s a client site, I just need to get their permission to give you access. As soon as I have it, I’ll send you the FTP.

Many thanks.

Mat Mackenzie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Mat Mackenzie
    Participant

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Mat Mackenzie.

HammeR
    Participant

I have the same problem after the update of the theme and plugins.

http://new.digitalworks.ch/home/it-service-support/
    Is that the same problem? Solution?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mat,

I’ve now fixed that for you and will be available in the next version DynamiX.

@crohammer – yes, that’s the same issue with the header. It’s fixed for the next version which I’ll release in the next few days.

Mat Mackenzie
    Participant

Hi Andy – thanks for that but I’m afraid we’re not there quite yet – still strange behaviour…

– In IE, the the Home Page header goes from blue to white (should be to black)
    – ‘About Us’ (and child pages) displays correctly in all browsers, whilst
    -‘Our Services’ (and child pages) shows just a solid blue in all browsers!

Strange, because all pages have the default outer and inner skins set so should all be the same!

Also, as mentioned in my first post, I am unable to make any changes in Themes/Customize – it just won’t let me save.

Many thanks in advance – Mat

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mat,

The reason it displays slightly different is because when a Gallery is enabled ( stage, revolution slider etc ), the header is enlarged. Therefore the gradient is longer and seems less intense on the Gallery pages.

That’s why IE11 looks a little different too.

Mat Mackenzie
    Participant

Ah yes – I understand. The only thing now is that I am still unable to make any changes under Themes/Customize. As mentioned it just won’t save anything – all browsers.

Thanks – Mat.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s strange, can you post your WP login details please and I’ll take a look. The only time that appears to happen is when the skin you’re editing isn’t the skin that’s set as the default?

Mat Mackenzie
    Participant

Hi Andy – I’ll have to apologise, as it is actually saving the customize settings. Just to explain, the reason I thought it wasn’t saving was two-fold:

1) When I click the ‘Save and Publish’ button, it does not change to ‘Saved’, and then when close the Customize dialogue I get the message ‘Do you want to leave this page’ as one does when a form has been changed but not saved.

2) Bit of a caching issue. I had WPSupercache plugin installed, but I deactivated the plugin before I first posted on this forum. Hence I assumed the pages were not cached. However it seems they were, as I did not turn off caching or flush the cache before deactivating the plugin. Reactivating the plugin and flushing the cache showed me that customize changes were actually being saved.

Whilst point 1) above still exists. I guess it doesn’t really matter if the settings are being saved. So unless you think there is still a problem we can leave it at that?

Harald Kalasek
    Participant

Same problem here. Background color disapeared in the header (IE11). when will you release the update?

thanks, harald

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.