Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / header drop panel to include contact form

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Ralph
    Participant

Hello,

How do I add the contact form to header drop panel? I see the footer drop panel with 4 columns. But, I'd like to include it on the header.

Thanks.

Ralph
    Participant

btw, i have added this code:

[enquiry_form id="footercontact" emailto="myemail@address.com" thankyou="thanks, we'll be in touch soon!" /]

It does not get inside the drop panel – it is outside. Hope you know what I mean…

Thanks.

Ralph

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Ralph,

If you want to add to the drop panel (sliding down panel) you'll need to add a text widget to a Drop Panel Sidebar and paste the code in. Is that what you mean?

adam
    Participant

Andy… how do you get a simple contact form to show up in the drop down panel at the top right of the screen where the search bar is?  I am not sure you answered the question for the previous user, but I would like more detail given that this does not appear to be something you built into the theme.  In one of your example themes, you have a simple dropdown contact form in the search bar area.  Please detail how to copy this.  Thanks!

Tracy Smith
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Love, love, love the theme!  I'm brand new to WordPress and website design and your theme is making things SO much easier.  I've done more in a week than I'd been able to do in a month. So first, thank you, thank you!!!

I have the same question as adam about the contact form in the header drop panel.  The one you used looks great.  I tried using a gravity forms widget in that header column.  It pulls down (but pulls down almost an entire page) – however, the contact form itself doesn't show up.  I get the message "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:xampphtdocskiniversewordpresswp-contentthemesDynamiXlibadminccustom-widgets.php on line 98"

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks Tracy, great feedback!! 

As for the contact form – i'm using the shortcode (see documentation) and placing it within a text widget within a drop panel column. 

I hope that helps. 

Tracy Smith
    Participant

That put it in there!  Thank you so much!  I do need to figure out how to make the column it's in wider because the asterisks are moving to the next line.  Also, it's not sending the email – but I think that may be because my site isn't live yet, using xampp on local machine for set up.  All of the options in your theme are amazing – this is such fun!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks Tracy! 

It probably is because of being local – it needs php mail function active to work. As for the columns, not sure why they are moving to the next line, have you changed the text? 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.