Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Header & Footer opacity changes not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • Mikkjal Olsen
    Participant

Dear Andy,

I don’t know exactly why this is happening, but when trying to change opacity settings within the customizer the settings are lost after saving. This is not due to a “default skin” + “select skin to edit” mismatch, nor refresh/cache-related. There’s no error message, changes are simply not effected.

NB: Dynamix and WP up to date.

-Michael

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Can you provide your login details and I’ll take a look for you ( click set as private reply ). Please let me know what Skin you’re editing and what opacity setting.

lftfuser
    Participant

I, too, am having this exact same problem. I can’t give you login credentials to my clients website, but I can PM you a link to the site and get you samples of any code that you need.

I can’t figure out where you’re controlling the opacity of the floating menu bar (‘stick-wrapper’). I’ve tried to override the opacity CSS on #custom-layer1 and 2, but to no avail.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Iftfuser,

Please can you create a new post and set your reply as private so we can do the same thing for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Becky Dunn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Becky,

I’d need to see a link, usually there is no opacity set on descriptions, unless it’s been customized.

Becky Dunn
    Participant

Becky Dunn
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Becky,

They display exactly the same on all browsers, as I mentioned, there is no opacity set on the description. Do you have a screenshot of what you’re seeing? I’ve tested PC and Mac and they’re the same.

Becky Dunn
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Unfortunately Nivo isn’t great at handling different image aspects ( it’s the way it applies the effects ), I’m sure if you get a height and width, it would be fine, however they would be cropped instead. Have you tried a just a normal stage gallery to handle landscape and portrait images?

Becky Dunn
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s definitely possible. You just need to set the width and no height. See here:

http://dynamix.themeva.com/stage-example-2/

PS, please don’t hide posts unless they contain personal information, thanks!

Becky Dunn
    Participant

Hi Support,
    Sorry about the ‘privacy’ settings, didn’t understand-new to this posting thing. I’ve tried numerous image sizes, and every time the same result. The vertical/portrait images expand way below the viewing area (not at all like you sample above) and are much larger than my landscape images. Setting the width smaller just makes the landscape images too small and setting only the vertical cuts all images in half. I’ve tried scaling the portraits down, even to 300w x 200h something pixels, but that doesn’t work either. Also, noticed that the sample you sent me doesn’t require such small image sizes. However, I did notice that your images are landscape and almost ‘square’ vs portrait. Is there too much of a difference between my image sizes for the images to stay closer in size? Making my portrait images shorter would mean cropping parts of the image which is not desirable in my case. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks so much, bd

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Becky,

No worries. Can you post up the shortcode you’re using for the stage gallery please, thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.