Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Header Infobar Message is annoying

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve the following issue with your Header Infobar Message. If I enter a text it appears on top, that’s fine. The styling is not nice to read because of the outlined text. My second issue is, that the message appears on each page and the visitor must click on each bar to close it. Not very friendly.

So I tried to use the following plugin:
    http://codecanyon.net/item/bugmebar-a-simple-little-notification-plugin/5299073

I used this BugMeBar plugin for my theme before I purchased yours and it worked really fine (very useful if you want to inform visitors about terms and cookies). But there is a conflict with the integrated slider of your theme. I contacted the plugin developer and Matt wrote:

Hi Thorsten,

You’re right – the problem is the slider!

Basically it tries to calculate where the top of the page is in JS, so if you’ve added anything above it via CSS, it goes horribly wrong (you can see the errors in the console).

I’ll check with my colleague Chris who was the main dev on BMB, but because it’s actually the slider throwing an error, I think you should probably contact them too as there isn’t going to be very much we can do to help you, I’m afraid! 🙁

My question to you is: Do I get it working with your help? If I use the BugMeBar plugin it appears on my site but the visitor has to close the bar before my whole site appears. Very tricky, isn’t it?

Thanks for supporting me!

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

Exactly which slider is it conflicting with? Can you please provide your login details and FTP details so we can take a further look into this also?

With the built in theme top bar, you can set it per page instead of being on every single page, this may help?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

ok I’am going to send you the login details with my next message. I think it’s the slider you use on top for the Drop Panel Columns. Didn’t realize that your Header Infobar can be set by each page, that’s very fine thank you for this hint.

With the plugin BugMeBar (I deactivated now) I’ll get a color changing Infobar for main information about Policy, Cookise or Terms of Service. If the visitor closes the bar he acknowledges.

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

Exactly which slider are you using? Revolution, group gallery, stage etc? Which page is this problematic slider on, on your website?

So just to get this straight, the bugmebar does not work correctly with DynamiX? It knocks out the site? Before anything else, I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting as you have a lot of plugins active and sometimes plugins do not play well with each other.

It seems to have the same functionality as the built in bar. As in you have to close it on each page. You can change the styling of the font within the built in bar in DynamiX if you wish?

Did you provide your FTP details too? I need to access the plugins files to test it on my site also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for that. We will look into this over the weekend and get back to you by the end of Monday.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Thorsten,

We have looked into this and it seems that the plugin does not take into account the height of the admin bar set by WordPress.

You can see the WP Twentyfourteen theme here with the exact same results as DynamiX with and without a gallery on the page.

This is a plugin issue, not theme related. I recommend going back to the developer and letting him know about the bug in their plugin.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.