Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Hello, I am New. Could someone please elaborate on the proper install procedure for Dynamix after yo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Campbell
    Participant

Yes, there are some aspects of the instructions that are lacking in regards to installing this theme. When I unzip the Dynamix Folder there is a DynamiX, DynamiX-Child, DynamiX-Demo-Data, Licensing, and a PSD folders.

I see mention of Uploading the Dynamix Folder which is confusing and can be interprated in the completely wron way, I also see referrence to the Child Theme, but what of the other Folders……What do you do with them? Does it need them or are the PSD file for My Use for altering Template design in Fireworks.

Thank you

Campbell

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Campbell,

Unfortunately Envator (themeforest) make it very confusing by the way they create the zip file. This page will help you install the theme http://help.themeva.com/dynamix-getting-started/installing-dynamix/

The child theme is mentioned in the documentation which is within the DynamiX menu -> Help -> Documentation. (DynamiX 2.8.3)

Campbell
    Participant

Hi, Andy

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately I have read that specific instruction page already. My question is primarily I have uploaded the Framework and child theme already and I understand that concept as I work with primarily Genesis and Thesis .

What of the  PSD FOLDER,   DynamiX-Demo-Data FOLDER AND LICENSE FOLDER???????  This is what I am confused about!

Thank you

Campbell

Campbell
    Participant

Are the  PSD Folder and  DynamiX-Demo-Data Folder supposed to be installed on the site  Andy? If So where? I cannot find any referrence to these folders specifically anywhere. I am paralyzed with moving forward on laying this theme out until I find out the answer to my question! I cannot help but think they play an intergral role with this installation of DynamiX.

Please Advise Andy.

Thank you

Campbell

Campbell
    Participant

I found this on themeforest  in the comments section:

sencanozensays

Purchased

I have just bought this theme. How may i use dynamics-demo-data file. Thanks in advance.

cwz000replied

Hi,

If you goto your WP admin -> Tools -> Import -> WordPress and import that file.

Hope that helps

Andy

Andy, what exactly is that DynamiX-Demo-Data file? and what exactly does importing it do please?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Neither folder would hurt being uploaded to your server but there is no point them being there and they'll take up space. The PSD folder is there if you wish to edit some of the core graphics or create a new skin.

The DynamiX-Demo-Data, is the data from the DynamiX demo site. It's an XML file which you can import and it will add all the pages and settings (excluding images, sidebars) from the demo site.

I hope that is clearer. 

Campbell
    Participant

Thank you for the reply Andy. Yes that is much clearer, thank you.

Campbell

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.