Home / Forums / ePix Support / Help! Theme updating.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Meggan Trobaugh
    Participant

Hi there,

We talked some time ago about some custom coding for my gallery. (an open and closed “eye” graphic for the enlarge and close for the lightbox) http://www.MegganJoy.com

My graphic designer took forever on the eye, and I moved to a new city in the middle of everything, sorry for the delay.

I know you said I would have to update the theme first, which I am just having a terrible time accomplishing. Is there anyway I can hire someone do this? I saw that I can hire someone to initially install it, but did not see updating as a option. Even following the detailed instructions on the forum have me stumped. Things are just not lining up.

It would be most helpful if my current customizations were left in tack, but if that is not possible than I’ll take what I can get. I simply do not have the time to figure this out right now.

It would be awesome if I could get the graphic customization done at the same time. Here is the initial conversation. http://help.themeva.com/groups/epix-support-group/forum/topic/is-this-customization-even-possible/#post-63769

Again sorry in the delay, life got weird.

Let me know if this is possible and the new quote, I’ll paypal you asap.

Thank you,

Meggan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Meggan,

No problem. What customizations have you made? Once I know this, I’ll be able to quote you for the customization and the update of the theme.

Meggan Trobaugh
    Participant

Ah, thank you. You will have lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. 😉

I might be using the word “customization” wrong. By it I mean, my text formatting, background png. ext. I know my content (text, images ext) will stay automatically, but I am referring to the changes I made via the customization panel within the theme.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

All those changes are safe. It would be the standard installation charge of $50 and then $60 for the customization.

I’ll round it down to the nicer number of $100 🙂

As soon as you’re ready, please pay $100 via PayPal ( I can raise an invoice if that’s better ) and provide me with your WP login details. I’ll get started on this ASAP.

Meggan Trobaugh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve not received it. Can you confirm you’ve sent it to info@themeva.com

Meggan Trobaugh
    Participant

Weird, my PP had no record of me sending it yesterday. I just re-sent it and it confirmed it went through.

Thank you!

Meggan Trobaugh
    Participant

Should I put the website in “maintenance mode” while your working on this?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yep, I’ve received it. I’m currently on a ferry with terrible internet connection, I’ll work on this tomorrow for you ( Friday ).

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Meggan,

Can you send through your FTP details please. Also, what image would you like me to use for the eye? The previous dropbox links do not work. Thanks

Meggan Trobaugh
    Participant

I am not entirely sure what you mean by FTP details. I uploaded the .png files to my media on WP already.

The log in info is earlier in the thread.

I’m not sure why those DB links aren’t working anymore. I quickly sketched up what I mean.

When hovering over the center of each image in the grid, a open eye icon.

When image is pulled into LB, instead of the “X” in a circle to close out of Lightbox, a closed eye on hover in top left of image.

To navigate the LB images, when hovered to left or right a arrow appears outside of the image.

Examples: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ahqbvtjsarwcryz/AAABsYzmXkw1CTV_gvXpWIsDa?dl=0

I had also wanted to have the white box and title section removed, but I got some feedback that changed my mind. It would however be *awesome* if the white box and the black box the text of the title comes in could be squared off instead of rounded edges. But if not, I am not worried about it.

I initially added the .PNGs of the new icons in Black. I just realized I should probably of done them in white. So after I send this in, I’ll reupload in white.

One last question: I am hoping updating the theme is going to fix this, but any idea as to why the grid appears in 2 rows sometimes? It is absolutely set to be 3, I have double checked a few times. Sometimes I check it and it’s 3, sometimes its 2. It doesn’t seem to matter the screen size or MAC/Windows or even browsers. I get different results all the time. My guess is the fact that some of my images are square are throwing the tiling off?

Sorry I took a while to get back to you. It was a holiday weekend and my birthday. The first 3 days I have taken off in a row this year.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Meggan,

Happy Birthday!

The FTP details are essential for me to update the theme. You can obtain these from your Hosting company. If you fire them an email, they should respond with the relevant details.

As soon as I have them, I’ll get started. Just to confirm also, all “eye” images will be placed within your media library, right?

Meggan Trobaugh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks Meggan, I’m going to get started on this today 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Meggan,

Unfortunately the details about to do not direct me to any folder. The login details are correct and I can login in to the FTP, but the directory is blank.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.