Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Help with Rev Slider in Responsive iphone mode

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • greenmeanie
    Participant

hi, I am using the revolution slider and have a form in it to take reservations, but in responsive iphone mode, you only see the top line, what do you recommend I can do and what is the simplest most effective way to resolve this responsive issue in iphone mode and still have silder funtionality with a form? can I increase the hieght of the slider in responsive iphone mode, so it shows the entire form that gets squished and gets really long? or just hard code it without the slider?

thanks so much! your aweome

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately I have no control over this, it’s the Revolution Slider plugin guys you’d have to ask. I don’t think it handles HTML within the slider too well.

greenmeanie
    Participant

OK, but in the theme can I define in the css to hide the slider or replace it with a normal text block?

I know there is responsive mobile code so why doesn’t it hide the slider or adjust?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

What you are trying to achieve is not default functionality for the slider. Therefore it will not hide it automatically. You would have to add some Custom CSS to hide to hide that particular slider.

As you might be aware, we are no longer offering custom CSS in this forum.

Kind regards,
    Tom

greenmeanie
    Participant

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply.

I am not aware of anything.

I purchased a template from theme forest.

On the sales page it boldy says the following:

“Responsive HTML5/CSS3 Design”

In case you haven’t read the sales letter page, let me quote:

“Fully Responsive
    This theme is 100% fully responsive and will look incredible on all devices.
    This includes all content and sliders too, with the option to disable if required.”

It also states:

“Top-notch Support
    If you can’t find the answers in the documentation or screencasts, the Help Center provides fast, reliable support, completely FREE!”

Please tell me where I am missing asking for a little help to get my top form to work right on a mobile device where it says its fully responsive, “sliders too”, html5/css3 compatible.

This really isn’t that complicated, I thought I could stop in here and get friendly push in the right directly like how to extend the slider hight via mobile, or hide the slider in mobile and replace with standard text….

something more than ask revolution and we are no longer support css in this forum.

this is bubkis – I didn’t think I would be this put off here – I was actually relieved their was a forum available when I saw this critical issue in the so-called fully responsive template and wan’t too concerned because there is a forum to get some input from like minded people and the theme creators and support team, instead I was told to pound sand.

Thanks so much for brightening my wednesday morning!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

@greenmeanie

As Tom mentioned, what you’re trying to achieve isn’t default functionality of the revolution slider, I don’t believe the Revolution Slider is designed to have forms placed within it, therefore it requires customizing to suit your purpose.

What you’ve stated is completely correct, we do provide support completely free and it is fully responsive, however you’re asking for customization and fully responsive doesn’t mean you can place any code into the sliders and expect it to work, it doesn’t work like that unfortunately. If you remove your form the slider will work as it should do.

Have you watched this screencast, it shows you how to customize elements? http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-customization/

greenmeanie
    Participant

I have another theme and it has a simple option – disable slider in responsive model and replace with html – I don’t understand why this doesn’t do that

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’ve done some digging for you and it turns out the Revolution Slider does have an option to hide the slider if it’s below a certain width, see Revolution Slider > Edit Slider > Mobile Visibility.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.