Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Help with test servers?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hi, I just learned how to set up a test server, and I’ve got it up and running, but I can’t upload the Dynamix .zip file to try out the new theme. It says “The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.” I can’t seem to find this php.ini anywhere in the WAMP folder to edit it. Any help would be appreciated! Also, should I import all my files from my actuallive site to test stuff out? I tried just copy pasting all the files from my site backup into the WAMP directory but then the test site wouldn’t load, so I reverted back to the original files.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Also, I uploaded the latest Dynamix onto my main server, and when I hit preview a few problems come up, I just want to know what changes I need to make to the css or whatever ahead of time. You can see in these pics that the sidebar width and the menu on the top are off. If you go to my site http://www.metalarcade.net/ you can see how it’s supposed to look.

problem1

problem2

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

It will unfortunately exceed the 2MB by standard, I would recommend installing it via the Envato plugin or FTP.

With regards to the menu, you will need to re-select the menu in Appearance > Menus > Theme Locations.

Cool looking site by the way!
    Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks Tom! Well I just updated the theme, but things are definitely weird. I imported the custom CSS into the customize tab, not sure if it worked or not… also, I’m not sure how to change the top of the background back to black, the way it is right now half of my logo is invisible, since it is white.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Few more things -it keeps saying in the Theme Options – This theme requires the following plugin: Revolution Slider. I have successfully installed this and yet there are still two boxes telling me to do so, how do I know if it worked? Also, for the social icons, they all seem to be automatically enabled, I want to disable some of them but in the theme options they are all deselected? Finally, is there any way to adjust the font sizes? The H1 headings seem WAY bigger than before, and the regular text seems much smaller.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Ok I figured out the header color thing. The other things I’m still lost with at the moment.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

1) To make theme modifications, please use the Editor. How-to video here.
    2) Go to Plugins > Installed plugins and look for Revolution slider to see if it is active.
    3) To turn off social icons, Appearance > Theme Options > Social Media > Social Icons/OFF.
    4) Please refer to 1) for this. Everything can be changed live in the editor.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks Tom, I’m going to watch all the videos when I get some free time. From the time I did spend in the live editor, I didn’t see anything to change the size of heading fonts, just the normal fonts.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

When in the editor, on the left hand side click Font Settings > Increase Heading Size By ( px ) > Then you can change the header size here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks Tom, I did actually see that, but I’m actually trying to decrease the heading size. Not the size of the actual article title, but things that used the h1 tag within the article. In the past versions of Dynamix, it was much smaller but now it shows equally large as the title which looks bad on all the past articles.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Ah ok, if you want to target specific tags you can add the following CSS to the Custom CSS field within Appearance > Theme Options > Cusomize > Custom CSS.

h1 {
    font-size: 50px !important;
    }

Then change the values to suit your needs.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.